EF girls soccer star selects Fordham
TribLIVE Sports Videos
When it came to picking a place to play college soccer, Elizabeth Forward's Rachel Collage had one requirement.
“It had to be a school in a city,” Collage said.
What better city than New York City?
Collage signed her letter of intent Wednesday to play soccer at Fordham in the Bronx. Collage is the first Elizabeth Forward girls soccer player to receive a Division I scholarship.
“I have been playing soccer for virtually life, so I knew it was going to be a part of my college process,” Collage said. “I visited a lot of schools, and I loved Fordham.”
Collage committed to Fordham in June.
Collage, a midfielder, was named to the all-section and All-WPIAL teams two consecutive seasons.
Collage helped the Warriors advance to the playoffs the past three years.
In her sophomore year, EF went 12-9-1 and reached the semifinals. As a junior, she helped EF go 12-6. This past season, EF went 11-4-4 before bowing out of the playoffs.
Collage was also the captain of the Century United Football Club of Pittsburgh that won two PA West State Cup championships.
Collage also played for the Olympic Development Team as well as Elite Soccer United.
Collage is also a standout on EF's track team.
Fordham plays in the Atlantic 10. The Rams went 5-9-3 this past season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Burrell boys set sights on unforgettable season
- Hempfield girls to again rely on stingy defense
- Norwin boys soccer sets sights high
- Penn Hills soccer coach hopes to guide young talent to positive season
- Plum girls soccer hopes to build on strong end to ’14
- Under new head coach, Franklin Regional boys hope to stay at top of section
- Quaker Valley boys soccer coach stresses importance of group over individual
- Shaler boys chasing elusive postseason nod
- Penn-Trafford girls soccer embracing coaching change
- Seneca Valley boys want to build on soccer experience
- Hampton boys soccer seniors seeking 1st playoff trip