EF girls soccer star selects Fordham
TribLIVE Sports Videos
When it came to picking a place to play college soccer, Elizabeth Forward's Rachel Collage had one requirement.
“It had to be a school in a city,” Collage said.
What better city than New York City?
Collage signed her letter of intent Wednesday to play soccer at Fordham in the Bronx. Collage is the first Elizabeth Forward girls soccer player to receive a Division I scholarship.
“I have been playing soccer for virtually life, so I knew it was going to be a part of my college process,” Collage said. “I visited a lot of schools, and I loved Fordham.”
Collage committed to Fordham in June.
Collage, a midfielder, was named to the all-section and All-WPIAL teams two consecutive seasons.
Collage helped the Warriors advance to the playoffs the past three years.
In her sophomore year, EF went 12-9-1 and reached the semifinals. As a junior, she helped EF go 12-6. This past season, EF went 11-4-4 before bowing out of the playoffs.
Collage was also the captain of the Century United Football Club of Pittsburgh that won two PA West State Cup championships.
Collage also played for the Olympic Development Team as well as Elite Soccer United.
Collage is also a standout on EF's track team.
Fordham plays in the Atlantic 10. The Rams went 5-9-3 this past season.
Mark Kaboly is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at email@example.com or via Twitter @MarkKaboly_Trib.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Karns City blanks DuBois Central Catholic, captures District 9 soccer championship
- Trib Cup: Canon-McMillan girls ready for Halloween at Highmark
- Previewing the WPIAL soccer championships
- Karns City girls extend D-9 girls soccer dominance
- Sewickley Academy boys soccer heading back to Highmark
- Herald Spotlight Athlete: SSA keeper played key role in run to quarterfinals
- High school roundup: Penn-Trafford earns PIAA tourney berth
- Geibel boys soccer team loses 5-0 in WPIAL Class AA semifinals
- Carlynton girls soccer stunned by early playoff exit
- Big 1st half propels Mars girls soccer team past Yough, 3-0
- Plenty on the line for Yough, South Park girls