Duffy leaving as Fox Chapel girls soccer coach
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Erik Duffy, who has been the coach of the Fox Chapel girls soccer team the past six seasons, is resigning after a job relocation.
During Duffy's tenure, the Foxes were regular participants in the WPIAL playoffs.
“I was there six seasons, and the team made the playoffs every year,” he said.
The Foxes also won section championships twice and made it to the quarterfinals last season.
“Last season was our best of the six,” he said. “I think the future is looking bright for the program. I will miss the daily sessions with the girls. They kept me young. They are good players and great young ladies. Their individual personalities made the season always fun and interesting.
“We had some fun times and played some really nice soccer.”
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. Reach him at 412-782-2123 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- S. Carolina man wanted by Shaler police arrested
- Constables accused of unprofessional conduct held for court
- Penn State president: Freeh acted like prosecutor in review
- Penguins get physical, trade Goc for Blues’ Lapierre
- Stocks lose footing on Fed statement
- UPMC, Highmark disagree over payment of medical claims for children
- Continental targets early 2016 for North Shore apartments, parking garage
- Cuba lays out list of demands for improved relations
- Leader of Venezuelan congress denies bodyguard’s allegations
- Washington County man convicted of domestic assaults
- Sean Logan institutes Wolf’s gift ban at Turnpike Commission