Duffy leaving as Fox Chapel girls soccer coach
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Erik Duffy, who has been the coach of the Fox Chapel girls soccer team the past six seasons, is resigning after a job relocation.
During Duffy's tenure, the Foxes were regular participants in the WPIAL playoffs.
“I was there six seasons, and the team made the playoffs every year,” he said.
The Foxes also won section championships twice and made it to the quarterfinals last season.
“Last season was our best of the six,” he said. “I think the future is looking bright for the program. I will miss the daily sessions with the girls. They kept me young. They are good players and great young ladies. Their individual personalities made the season always fun and interesting.
“We had some fun times and played some really nice soccer.”
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. Reach him at 412-782-2123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Protest planned Monday at Plum Borough High School
- Counselors available at Hempfield after crash kills student
- WVU looks forward to deep, versatile team
- Crosby, Malkin want to remain in Pittsburgh
- Johnston trying to figure out why Penguins ‘fell off a cliff’
- Behind Liriano, Pirates complete sweep of Diamondbacks
- Pirates notebook: Wainwright injury doesn’t sway Hurdle on DH
- Oak Ridge couple transforms 1820 house into quaint bed and breakfast
- Troopers seek suspects in Pine Twp. arsons
- Presley’s planes will remain at Graceland
- Hempfield teen hurt in single-vehicle crash