HS highlight reel: Highmark set to host soccer games
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Saturday marks the kick off to high school soccer season at Highmark Stadium at Station Square on the South Side.
Mt. Lebanon will meet Pine-Richland at 2 p.m. in a girls varsity contest.
Highmark also will host the Plum and Penn Hills girls at 8 p.m. Sept. 10.
The Central Catholic football team welcomes North Allegheny to the second-year facility for a Quad North showdown at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 12. The Vikings, who defeated Bethel Park at Carnegie Mellon last week, will play their remaining four home games at Highmark Stadium.
They said it ...
“I'm coaching football. I'm not a school teacher. The teacher strike is not an excuse to lose the game. Steel Valley doesn't care about our problems.”
— East Allegheny coach Dom Pecora, who will be without two teachers/assistants Friday.
Stats of the day
Number of WPIAL football games scheduled Friday night. Just one game will be played Saturday.
Straight victories for the Central Valley girls soccer team (1-0), which won all 23 of its games last season.
FR wrestler commits
Franklin Regional senior Josh Shields committed to wrestle at Arizona State, coach Eric Mausser said. He joins teammate Josh Maruca who committed there last month.
Shields was a WPIAL champ and PIAA runner-up at 152 pounds. He also finished sixth in the state as a freshman and third as a sophomore.
— Bill Hartlep
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Springdale girls soccer team fights through injuries
- A-K Valley high school notebook: Playoff race fuzzy in Section 2-A boys
- Ringgold nips EF girls on Briscoe’s goal
- Hempfield girls getting scoring throughout lineup in quest for playoff berth
- WPIAL finalists the past 2 seasons, West Allegheny boys chasing playoff berth
- Greensburg high school roundup: Greensburg Salem girls edge Yough
- High school roundup: Shady Side Academy girls shut out Springdale
- Serra girls soccer surges into playoff picture
- Daily News roundup: West Mifflin girls shut out Obama Academy
- South Fayette girls soccer believing it can go deep into playoffs
- Norwin girls soccer gets key win over rival Penn-Trafford