Plum sweeps past Peters Township
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Plum varsity slow-pitch softball team swept Peters Township on Oct. 25 to close out the regular season.
The Mustangs improved to 12-2 in its inaugural season and secured the No. 1 seed for the Western Pennsylvania Interscholastic Softball League playoffs.
The first game was an offensive explosion, as Plum belted 29 hits in a 26-14 game that was halted after six innings.
Alyssa Stonebraker went 5 for 5 with a home run, while Jess Snider was 4 for 5 with a home run and seven runs batted in.
Brianne DeGore also was 4 for 5 with a home run and four RBIs, and Jessi Allman was 4 for 5 with a home run.
Rylee White was 3 for 5 with four RBIs, Alyssa Zezza went 3 for 3 with a pair of triples, Abby Costa had a home run and three RBIs, and Camryn McCabe also belted a home run.
The second game was closer, as Plum won in the bottom of the seventh by a 13-12 score.
Stonebraker went 3 for 3, while Zezza was 3 for 4.
Snider knocked in three runs, and Allman, Costa, White, Amber Shields and Nicolette Giovanetti each had two hits.
Giovanetti drove in the winning run to end the game.
The Plum Lady Mustangs Saturday Girls Basketball Clinic scheduled for this Saturday has been canceled due to a lack of enough registrations, according to Plum varsity girls basketball coach Bernie Pucka.
For more information on the cancellation, call 412-999-2355 or email Puckab@pbsd.k12.pa.us
Michael Love is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412- 388-5825 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- Penguins’ Sutter, Downie, Greiss being tested for mumps, out tonight
- Steelers offense learning to slam door
- Audit of county jail health provider says money being wasted
- Police detain 3 juveniles they think are connected to anonymous online school threat
- Heyward, swarming defense get best of Chiefs in Steelers’ win
- Downie, Farnham bringing a much-needed edge to the Penguins
- Pittsburgh mayor Peduto goes ‘Undercover’ for CBS reality show
- Steelers clinch trip to postseason with big victory over Chiefs
- Steelers-Bengals game to start at 8:30 p.m.
- Allegheny Health Network announces collaboration with Johns Hopkins