Adamski sisters selected for showcase
By Michael Love
Published: Wednesday, November 28, 2012, 8:50 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, November 29, 2012
Plum sisters Rachael and Hannah Adamski recently were selected to compete in the Queen of Diamonds Showcase North at Kent State University on Jan. 5 and 6.
The northern showcase is in its 19th season and is part of the Queen of Diamond's Showcase events, which are the largest fast-pitch softball showcases of their kind in the U.S.
This event continues to attract athletes from more than 20 states, as well as two Canadian provinces.
The Queen of Diamonds South in South Carolina is in its fifth season.
Both events have more than 2,000 applicants from which about 250 student-athletes are selected to attend and compete.
Those chosen are selected based on several criteria ranging from ability, potential, academics, graduation year, coaches requests and referrals.
Rachael Adamski, a sophomore at Plum, plays third base and outfield for the Mustangs junior varsity and varsity teams, and she plays travel softball in the summer for the Pittsburgh Power.
She had 24 combined at bats for the varsity and JV squads and recorded five doubles, one home run, six runs batted in and seven walks.
Hannah Adamski plays second base and outfield for Plum, and she plays summer travel ball for the Pittsburgh Predators.
The sisters also swim competitively for the Plum High School team.
Michael Love is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5825 or at email@example.com.
- Port Vue author is finalist in Amazon contest
- New ‘Arrested Development’ season set for Netflix debut
- Group battles to repeal state’s prevailing wage repeal
- Springdale grad Killiam shines on diamond for Allegheny
- Pittsburgh Public Safety director Huss works to lift morale
- TreeVitalize beautifies hospital campus
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Smoking in school costs man more than a fine
- Legionella bacteria not found in tests at area mall
- Marine restores pride of Memorial Day parade on streets of Lawrenceville
- 2-time WPIAL champion wrestler Kenney of Connellsville High chooses WVU
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.