FC softball player makes showcase
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Kaylee Pistorius, a junior at Fox Chapel High School, has recently been selected to compete in the Queens of Diamonds Showcase North at Kent State University on Jan. 5 and 6. The showcase is now in it's 19th season.
Queen of Diamonds Showcase events are the largest fast-pitch softball showcases of their kind in the U.S.
This event continues to attract athlete's from more 20 states and two Canadian Provinces.
It's sister showcase, the Queen of Diamonds South, is in its fifth season.
Both events have more than 2,000 applicants in which 264 athletes are selected.
Athletes are selected based on many criteria such as ability, potential, academics, graduation year, coaches requests and referrals.
Pistorius plays second base for her travel ball team, YMCA Spirit Synergy, and the Fox Chapel High School softball team.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- UPMC researcher who died of cyanide poisoning committed suicide
- Penguins finally break through, defeat Devils at Prudential Center
- Sting highlights demand for Pappy Van Winkle bourbon
- Mormons in Valley for mission project
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- Monessen woman dies in truck-car crash on Route 51 in Fayette County
- Rooney says Pittsburgh is ‘good place’ for next northern Super Bowl
- HOF finalist Bettis ‘behind everything’ in 2005 Super Bowl run
- Penguins notebook: Bennett a healthy scratch
- Police say couple in Oakland murder-suicide had ‘troubled’ relationship
- Pittsburgh Street in Springdale closed until Monday