FC softball player makes showcase
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Kaylee Pistorius, a junior at Fox Chapel High School, has recently been selected to compete in the Queens of Diamonds Showcase North at Kent State University on Jan. 5 and 6. The showcase is now in it's 19th season.
Queen of Diamonds Showcase events are the largest fast-pitch softball showcases of their kind in the U.S.
This event continues to attract athlete's from more 20 states and two Canadian Provinces.
It's sister showcase, the Queen of Diamonds South, is in its fifth season.
Both events have more than 2,000 applicants in which 264 athletes are selected.
Athletes are selected based on many criteria such as ability, potential, academics, graduation year, coaches requests and referrals.
Pistorius plays second base for her travel ball team, YMCA Spirit Synergy, and the Fox Chapel High School softball team.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Road Trip! Destination: Chicago
- Indiana couple’s bond grows stronger after devastating accident
- West Virginia whips Oklahoma State for 4th straight win
- Original director seeks a restoration for new version of ‘Annie’
- Shooting for net-zero: Equal energy in, out of the home
- Inappropriate dress wears thin in schools, courts, jails, elsewhere
- Mild spaghetti squash can stand in for pasta
- Health care law compliance complex for employers
- Georgia Tech runs all over mistake-prone Pitt
- Cooking Class: Cuisine as varied as wine selection at Open Bottle Bistro
- Steelers notebook: Ex-Steeler Sanders living up to his word