FC softball player makes showcase
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Kaylee Pistorius, a junior at Fox Chapel High School, has recently been selected to compete in the Queens of Diamonds Showcase North at Kent State University on Jan. 5 and 6. The showcase is now in it's 19th season.
Queen of Diamonds Showcase events are the largest fast-pitch softball showcases of their kind in the U.S.
This event continues to attract athlete's from more 20 states and two Canadian Provinces.
It's sister showcase, the Queen of Diamonds South, is in its fifth season.
Both events have more than 2,000 applicants in which 264 athletes are selected.
Athletes are selected based on many criteria such as ability, potential, academics, graduation year, coaches requests and referrals.
Pistorius plays second base for her travel ball team, YMCA Spirit Synergy, and the Fox Chapel High School softball team.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- East Huntingdon man dies following police chase
- McKeesport OKs taking vacant homes via eminent domain
- Duquesne teachers, district reach tentative agreement
- C-SPAN bus brings lessons to McKeesport Area students
- Giants, Bumgarner shut out Pirates in wild-card game
- Rossi: Pirates can’t waste McCutchen’s prime
- Highmark to increase premiums, limit access to health care in new plans
- Harrison man to stand trial, accused of raping 15-year-old girl
- Steelers pressing to create opportunities to get to quarterback
- Woman dies in fall at McConnells Mill State Park
- Consol Energy cutting retiree health benefits, phasing out pension