FC softball player makes showcase
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Kaylee Pistorius, a junior at Fox Chapel High School, has recently been selected to compete in the Queens of Diamonds Showcase North at Kent State University on Jan. 5 and 6. The showcase is now in it's 19th season.
Queen of Diamonds Showcase events are the largest fast-pitch softball showcases of their kind in the U.S.
This event continues to attract athlete's from more 20 states and two Canadian Provinces.
It's sister showcase, the Queen of Diamonds South, is in its fifth season.
Both events have more than 2,000 applicants in which 264 athletes are selected.
Athletes are selected based on many criteria such as ability, potential, academics, graduation year, coaches requests and referrals.
Pistorius plays second base for her travel ball team, YMCA Spirit Synergy, and the Fox Chapel High School softball team.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Comets hold life building blocks
- Marte’s 2 fine defensive plays rescue Pirates in victory over Reds
- More health-care control
- Small business hangs on fate of Export-Import Bank
- Connellsville diners can again ‘Savor the Avenue’
- FedEx bid faces in-depth probe of bid to buy Dutch express company
- Rossi: Nothing huge, but Huntington helped Bucs
- Pirates trade for Dodgers 1B/OF Morse, Mariners LHP Happ
- Armstrong inmate escapee charged with murdering family matriarch
- Acme teen excited to experience fair as queen
- Hurdle: Soria likely to assume setup role with Watson