FC softball player makes showcase
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Kaylee Pistorius, a junior at Fox Chapel High School, has recently been selected to compete in the Queens of Diamonds Showcase North at Kent State University on Jan. 5 and 6. The showcase is now in it's 19th season.
Queen of Diamonds Showcase events are the largest fast-pitch softball showcases of their kind in the U.S.
This event continues to attract athlete's from more 20 states and two Canadian Provinces.
It's sister showcase, the Queen of Diamonds South, is in its fifth season.
Both events have more than 2,000 applicants in which 264 athletes are selected.
Athletes are selected based on many criteria such as ability, potential, academics, graduation year, coaches requests and referrals.
Pistorius plays second base for her travel ball team, YMCA Spirit Synergy, and the Fox Chapel High School softball team.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pouliot scores in NHL debut as Penguins tame Panthers, 3-1
- Penn State wins 2nd straight women’s volleyball title
- Pair of NYC officers killed in ambush shooting
- Lifesaving risks: Thorough evaluations coming for potential organ donors
- Penguins notebook: Memorable night for Pouliot, Trocheck
- In Thailand, a complimentary view of America
- PSU running back Lynch relishes trip back to New York
- Steelers notebook: Bell says he’s prepared to test Chiefs defense
- Drought opens Texas ranchers’ eyes to income options
- Pitt survives Oakland’s upset bid with 81-77 overtime victory
- Climate changes, habitat loss cited as threats to 314 bird species