FC softball player makes showcase
By Marty Stewart
Published: Wednesday, December 12, 2012, 8:53 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Kaylee Pistorius, a junior at Fox Chapel High School, has recently been selected to compete in the Queens of Diamonds Showcase North at Kent State University on Jan. 5 and 6. The showcase is now in it's 19th season.
Queen of Diamonds Showcase events are the largest fast-pitch softball showcases of their kind in the U.S.
This event continues to attract athlete's from more 20 states and two Canadian Provinces.
It's sister showcase, the Queen of Diamonds South, is in its fifth season.
Both events have more than 2,000 applicants in which 264 athletes are selected.
Athletes are selected based on many criteria such as ability, potential, academics, graduation year, coaches requests and referrals.
Pistorius plays second base for her travel ball team, YMCA Spirit Synergy, and the Fox Chapel High School softball team.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or email@example.com.
- Deer Lakes softball rallies from 7-0 deficit to advance to championship
- Young Fox Chapel ends softball season with victory
- North Allegheny advances to 1st title game since 2006
- Top-seeded Neshannock tops Frazier in semifinals
- Ambridge outlasts West Mifflin, weather delay for semifinal victory
- Greensburg Salem hopes to finish off West Allegheny in semifinals
- High school softball roundup: Carmichaels advances to WPIAL championship game
- Northern region softball playoff capsules
- Seton-La Salle softball team stunned in WPIAL Class AA first-round game
- Deer Lakes gets No. 1
- Opening-round loss doesn’t discourage Sewickley Academy softball team
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.