FC softball player makes showcase
By Marty Stewart
Published: Wednesday, Dec. 12, 2012, 8:53 p.m.
Kaylee Pistorius, a junior at Fox Chapel High School, has recently been selected to compete in the Queens of Diamonds Showcase North at Kent State University on Jan. 5 and 6. The showcase is now in it's 19th season.
Queen of Diamonds Showcase events are the largest fast-pitch softball showcases of their kind in the U.S.
This event continues to attract athlete's from more 20 states and two Canadian Provinces.
It's sister showcase, the Queen of Diamonds South, is in its fifth season.
Both events have more than 2,000 applicants in which 264 athletes are selected.
Athletes are selected based on many criteria such as ability, potential, academics, graduation year, coaches requests and referrals.
Pistorius plays second base for her travel ball team, YMCA Spirit Synergy, and the Fox Chapel High School softball team.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kovacevic: Got proof on Tomlin? Let’s hear it
- Ex-Penguins winger Kennedy ‘emotional’ about return
- Ex-Steeler WR Wallace: It was a ‘challenge’ for Haley to use me
- Schmotzer resigns high-paid administrative job with Baldwin-Whitehall
- Dozens of workers strike outside Downtown fast-food locations
- Pirates’ Snider talks about surgery, rebuilding swing
- Film about former Pirates pitcher Dock Ellis in prestigious festival
- Steelers coach Tomlin fined $100K by NFL
- Penguins notebook: Sill thrives on penalty kill
- Worker finds man’s body in Monessen
- 3 accomplices to plead guilty to murder, torture of Mt. Pleasant woman