Grimm signs letter of intent
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Maddy Grimm, a four-sport senior athlete at Ligonier Valley High School, signed a letter of intent to accept a scholarship at Kent State University in Ohio and further her softball career for the Golden Flashes.
Grimm is a three-time all-state selection at shortstop. She greatly contributed to the Ligonier Valley High School 19-2 overall softball record in 2012 and its second straight undefeated conference season as the Rams. She has helped the high school softball team capture three consecutive conference titles and slugged 10 home runs while driving in 31 runs and hitting .579 during her junior season. An extremely versatile elite athlete according to Kent State Head Coach Karen Linder, Grimm has also earned varsity letters in soccer, basketball and football while being an honor student in the classroom. She has been named the Greensburg Tribune-Review Female Athlete of the Year the past two years.
“We are excited to have Maddy join our program as she is an athlete that will make an immediate impact in various phases of the game,” Linder said. “As a shortstop, she has great range and a strong arm. As a hitter, she has tremendous power. And as an athlete, she is a fierce competitor.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Matz keeps ball moving for Seneca Valley softball team
- Penn-Trafford softball scores 11 runs in a row, pounds Mt. Pleasant
- Frederick’s homers lead Belle Vernon softball over Elizabeth Forward
- Norwin softball battling for section title
- BVA, Parshall keep rolling in 3-AAA action
- Southmoreland softball team takes step back after loss to Yough
- South Fayette softball ready to change fortunes in section play
- North Allegheny softball off to fast start despite busy schedule