Grimm signs letter of intent
Published: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Maddy Grimm, a four-sport senior athlete at Ligonier Valley High School, signed a letter of intent to accept a scholarship at Kent State University in Ohio and further her softball career for the Golden Flashes.
Grimm is a three-time all-state selection at shortstop. She greatly contributed to the Ligonier Valley High School 19-2 overall softball record in 2012 and its second straight undefeated conference season as the Rams. She has helped the high school softball team capture three consecutive conference titles and slugged 10 home runs while driving in 31 runs and hitting .579 during her junior season. An extremely versatile elite athlete according to Kent State Head Coach Karen Linder, Grimm has also earned varsity letters in soccer, basketball and football while being an honor student in the classroom. She has been named the Greensburg Tribune-Review Female Athlete of the Year the past two years.
“We are excited to have Maddy join our program as she is an athlete that will make an immediate impact in various phases of the game,” Linder said. “As a shortstop, she has great range and a strong arm. As a hitter, she has tremendous power. And as an athlete, she is a fierce competitor.”
- North Allegheny advances to 1st title game since 2006
- Deer Lakes softball rallies from 7-0 deficit to advance to championship
- Greensburg Salem hopes to finish off West Allegheny in semifinals
- Ambridge outlasts West Mifflin, weather delay for semifinal victory
- Top-seeded Neshannock tops Frazier in semifinals
- High school softball roundup: Carmichaels advances to WPIAL championship game
- Northern region softball playoff capsules
- Young Fox Chapel ends softball season with victory
- Loss doesn’t put damper on Jeannette’s historic season
- Seton-La Salle softball team stunned in WPIAL Class AA first-round game
- Opening-round loss doesn’t discourage Sewickley Academy softball team
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.