Frazier section co-champ
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Frazier rolled over visiting California, 13-1, in five innings Thursday in Section 2 A softball.
The victory allowed the Lady Commodores (15-2, 13-1) to close the section campaign as co-champions with Carmichaels. Carmichaels and Frazier split their two games this season.
Against California (3-13, 2-12), Andrea Lash fired a four-hitter, allowing only a single run in the third inning.
As has been their trait this season, the Lady Commodores jumped out early, scoring four runs in the first inning and tacking on five more in the second for a 9-0 lead.
Frazier had 13 hits with Alexis Livingstone smacking two doubles and Monica Joseph adding a triple.
E. Forward 2, BV Area 1
EF (13-3, 9-3) pulled out the win when Ashley Hoak singled in pinch-runner Jessica Griffey in the bottom of the seventh inning in the Section 3 AAA game.
The ending marked the second consecutive game in as many days that BVA (8-12, 4-8) lost in the bottom of the seventh inning.
The ending culminated an impressive pitching battle between BVA's Lacey Washowich and EF's Portia McBride.
McBride limited BVA to one run on six hits with five strikeouts and no walks, while Washowich was a tough-luck loser, giving up two runs on just seven hits with four strikeouts and no walks.
Caitlyn Arico and Ashley Baker hit doubles for EF.
Deanna Hileman had two singles and Molly Gauden doubled for BVA.
Trinity 12, Ringgold 6
The Lady Rams (8-7, 5-7) bowed to the section champion Hillers (11-3, 11-1) as Trinity spotted Ringgold a 2-0 lead in the top of the first inning before erupting for six runs in the home half of the frame.
Olivia Gray and Ashley Humphries both had three hits for Trinity while Brennah Martick doubled for one of the Lady Rams' four hits.
Serra 10, Monessen 5
The Lady Greyhounds (8-9, 6-8) battled hard with Serra (10-5, 9-5) before falling short.
Monessen trailed 10-2 before mounting a comeback with three runs in the sixth inning.
Shelby Minardi had four hits and Cara Grogan added three for Monessen. One of Grogan's hits was a double.
Serra got three hits from and three RBI from Amy McNeil.
Southmoreland 13, Yough 6
The Lady Cougars (7-9, 5-7) bowed in their Sction 3 AAA finale to Southmoreland (6-7, 6-6).
There was no other information available on the game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Taliani’s 3 homers propel Deer Lakes to 2nd WPIAL softball title in 4 seasons
- Ryan tosses 1-hitter as Hempfield wins 3rd WPIAL championship
- Belle Vernon scores 4 runs in wild 7th inning to capture WPIAL title
- BVA captures WPIAL title
- Class AA championship notebook: Deer Lakes’ 4th inning outburst sparks victory
- Gorman: Team Dugan gets gold, like a champ
- WPIAL Class AA softball championship capsule
- Steel Valley softball gets 3rd try at Seton-La Salle
- Greensburg Central Catholic softball made vast strides after 2-win season in 2014
- Seton-La Salle edges Steel Valley in extra innings to advance to PIAA tourney
- Jefferson-Morgan captures school’s 1st WPIAL softball title