Leader Times roundup: Kittanning softball wins fourth straight
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Kittanning softball's winning streak caught its southern neighbor in its path.
The Wildcats scored eight runs in the third inning to win its fourth straight game, 14-3, against Ford City in a six-inning nonsection game Friday afternoon.
Nicole Johnson homered and drove in four runs for Kittanning (8-6), and winning pitcher Courtney Edwards also finished with four RBI. Terra Schall drove in three runs, and Emily Kutch drove in two for the Wildcats, who had 17 hits.
Andrea Markilinski hit a double but took the loss in the circle for Ford City (8-7).
Valley 12, Kittanning 5 —Freshman relief pitcher Jordan Frame pitched six innings, allowed two hits and struck out six to lead Valley to a win in the Section 5-AAA finale for both teams.
Frame entered the game in the top of the second, where Kittanning posted a 4-0 lead. Parker Shearon finished with five RBI and two runs scored for Valley (3-11, 2-8).
Donovan Wichowski had a solo homer and a two-run single for Kittanning (3-12, 2-8), which finished tied for fourth in the section.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Pens look to buck shots, goals trend
- Franklin Regional downs Gateway, wraps up 2nd place in Greater Allegheny Conference
- Critics claim state Attorney General Kane puts politics first
- Mt. Pleasant eliminates Southmoreland, earns home playoff game
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Penn-Trafford remains unbeaten, shuts out Norwin
- Penn State seeks recruiting win in ‘whiteout’ game
- Defense grows up fast for No. 22 West Virginia
- Pitt puts focus to test in jumbled ACC Coastal race
- Murder charge held against Laurel Mountain man