Leader Times roundup: Kittanning softball wins fourth straight
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Kittanning softball's winning streak caught its southern neighbor in its path.
The Wildcats scored eight runs in the third inning to win its fourth straight game, 14-3, against Ford City in a six-inning nonsection game Friday afternoon.
Nicole Johnson homered and drove in four runs for Kittanning (8-6), and winning pitcher Courtney Edwards also finished with four RBI. Terra Schall drove in three runs, and Emily Kutch drove in two for the Wildcats, who had 17 hits.
Andrea Markilinski hit a double but took the loss in the circle for Ford City (8-7).
Valley 12, Kittanning 5 —Freshman relief pitcher Jordan Frame pitched six innings, allowed two hits and struck out six to lead Valley to a win in the Section 5-AAA finale for both teams.
Frame entered the game in the top of the second, where Kittanning posted a 4-0 lead. Parker Shearon finished with five RBI and two runs scored for Valley (3-11, 2-8).
Donovan Wichowski had a solo homer and a two-run single for Kittanning (3-12, 2-8), which finished tied for fourth in the section.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Highmark won’t pay medical claims for 150 children, UPMC says
- Penguins get physical, trade Goc for Blues’ Lapierre
- Officials knock out ‘Fight Nights’ in man’s Mercer Co. garage
- Final L.A.-to-Homewood drug ring suspect rounded up in Montana
- Indiana County man injured in rollover crash along Route 22
- Man apprehended after North Belle Vernon pharmacy robbery
- Federal grand jury indicts man for violating poultry law while operating illegal slaughterhouse in his Jefferson Hills home
- Pirates trade Snider to Orioles for minor league pitcher
- No cross-checking here: Penguins misspell ‘Sidney’
- Game Commission OKs deer culling in Mt. Lebanon
- Blawnox couple jailed in woman’s alleged abuse of boyfriend’s child