Leader Times roundup: Kittanning softball wins fourth straight
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Kittanning softball's winning streak caught its southern neighbor in its path.
The Wildcats scored eight runs in the third inning to win its fourth straight game, 14-3, against Ford City in a six-inning nonsection game Friday afternoon.
Nicole Johnson homered and drove in four runs for Kittanning (8-6), and winning pitcher Courtney Edwards also finished with four RBI. Terra Schall drove in three runs, and Emily Kutch drove in two for the Wildcats, who had 17 hits.
Andrea Markilinski hit a double but took the loss in the circle for Ford City (8-7).
Valley 12, Kittanning 5 —Freshman relief pitcher Jordan Frame pitched six innings, allowed two hits and struck out six to lead Valley to a win in the Section 5-AAA finale for both teams.
Frame entered the game in the top of the second, where Kittanning posted a 4-0 lead. Parker Shearon finished with five RBI and two runs scored for Valley (3-11, 2-8).
Donovan Wichowski had a solo homer and a two-run single for Kittanning (3-12, 2-8), which finished tied for fourth in the section.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Tomlin: Taylor back, Polamalu probable for return vs. Saints
- IUP student dies from injuries after he was pinned beneath car
- Fire destroys Armstrong County tavern
- Jury finds Rayshawn Williams guilty of first-degree murder
- Car crashes into Cranberry store, no one injured
- Brentwood police chief to get nearly $200,000 as part of settlement agreement with borough
- Pirates star McCutchen marries in private ceremony
- Monongahela paramedic dies in the line of duty
- Brown family blasts prosecutor’s handling of case
- Fire at a Robert Morris University dormitory hall will displace 10 students
- KitchenWise: Make better mashed potatoes with a small change