Leader Times roundup: Kittanning softball wins fourth straight
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Kittanning softball's winning streak caught its southern neighbor in its path.
The Wildcats scored eight runs in the third inning to win its fourth straight game, 14-3, against Ford City in a six-inning nonsection game Friday afternoon.
Nicole Johnson homered and drove in four runs for Kittanning (8-6), and winning pitcher Courtney Edwards also finished with four RBI. Terra Schall drove in three runs, and Emily Kutch drove in two for the Wildcats, who had 17 hits.
Andrea Markilinski hit a double but took the loss in the circle for Ford City (8-7).
Valley 12, Kittanning 5 —Freshman relief pitcher Jordan Frame pitched six innings, allowed two hits and struck out six to lead Valley to a win in the Section 5-AAA finale for both teams.
Frame entered the game in the top of the second, where Kittanning posted a 4-0 lead. Parker Shearon finished with five RBI and two runs scored for Valley (3-11, 2-8).
Donovan Wichowski had a solo homer and a two-run single for Kittanning (3-12, 2-8), which finished tied for fourth in the section.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 2 adults charged in ATV crash that killed 4-year-old Somerset girl
- Attorney General Kane injured in auto accident
- Foundations’ deal to buy August Wilson Center could be in jeopardy
- Trial for accused Franklin Regional stabber delayed until at least March
- Charges withdrawn against Fayette parents accused of keeping dead dog
- Pa. trooper ambush suspect Frein in court after long manhunt
- Witness: Space tourism rocket explodes in desert
- Fingerprint expert says defendant’s prints were on cyanide bottle
- 5 Cal U football players arrested for assault; Saturday’s game canceled
- Emaciated Lab-collie mix found in garbage bag in New Stanton
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up