LV softball headed to D6 title game
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Ligonier Valley softball team used a four-run rally in the fifth inning Thursday to defeat Huntingdon, 4-3, in the District 6-AA semifinals.
Huntingdon scored two runs in the sixth, but the Rams (16-3) held on for the win.
Hailey Umbaugh picked up the victory for Ligonier Valley, which will play Phillipsburg-Osceola Wednesday in the title game at Penn State University.
Mount Union 2, Ligonier Valley 0 — Mount Union pitcher Klayton Heffner allowed just two hits in leading his team to a semifinal victory in the District 6-AA semifinals. Billy Elliot suffered the loss for Ligonier Valley, which finished its season 17-5.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Through the years: Highlands routed Franklin Regional to clinch conference title
- VND High school football notebook: Local flavor enhances Penn Hills, other playoff teams
- Hackers’ new Dyre malware infects W.Pa. computers, vexes FBI cyber agents
- How to avoid Amazon and still get deals
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up
- Emaciated Lab-collie mix found in garbage bag in New Stanton
- ‘Bend and dent’ store opening in Rural Valley
- Pirates likely to seek pitcher, catcher when free agency starts
- LaBar: Updated WWE Network numbers, its future
- 5 Cal U football players arrested for assault; Saturday’s game canceled
- Friends take to social media to recall Herminie teen