West Mifflin's Flore commits to Slippery Rock
TribLIVE Sports Videos
West Mifflin senior right-hander Paige Flore, the 2013 Daily News Girls Athlete of the Year, gave Slippery Rock a verbal commitment to play softball for the NCAA Division II school in 2014-15.
In 2012, Flore was West Mifflin's No. 1 pitcher and a key figure in helping the Titans end a 15-year postseason drought.
They won their first WPIAL playoff game since 1998 and posted a 17-6 record after losing to West Allegheny in the Class AAA consolation game.
Flore, who won 12 games, had 82 strikeouts and was 2-2 in the playoffs, also averaged double figures in scoring for the West Mifflin girls basketball team, which won a preliminary-round game in the WPIAL Class AAA playoffs.
Dave Mackall is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Northern Cambria man accused of attempted rape
- Witnesses help identify 2nd teen charged in killing Andre Roberts
- Photo of suspect in Greendale Tavern burglary/fire released
- Stakes high as ex-Saints receiver Moore faces his former team
- Icy roads cause accidents, slow traffic across Western Pa.
- October mine inspections result in 127 citations
- Steelers notebook: Injury to RT Gilbert opens door for Adams to start
- Sewickley center offers new child care options
- Earlier openings make Black Friday shopping easier for bargain-hunters
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Fayette County history could fetch big bucks at Ohio auction