West Mifflin's Flore commits to Slippery Rock
TribLIVE Sports Videos
West Mifflin senior right-hander Paige Flore, the 2013 Daily News Girls Athlete of the Year, gave Slippery Rock a verbal commitment to play softball for the NCAA Division II school in 2014-15.
In 2012, Flore was West Mifflin's No. 1 pitcher and a key figure in helping the Titans end a 15-year postseason drought.
They won their first WPIAL playoff game since 1998 and posted a 17-6 record after losing to West Allegheny in the Class AAA consolation game.
Flore, who won 12 games, had 82 strikeouts and was 2-2 in the playoffs, also averaged double figures in scoring for the West Mifflin girls basketball team, which won a preliminary-round game in the WPIAL Class AAA playoffs.
Dave Mackall is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers quarterback Vick getting more acquainted with offense
- Penguins see Stars, blanked by Dallas in opening game
- Banshee trailer featuring Vandergrift released
- Police: Woman, 18, pretended to be student, assaulted Perry principal
- Guns, drugs recovered during raid in Wilkinsburg
- Starkey: Pirates gaining bad big-game rep
- What’s old is new at Toll Gate Revival in Lawrenceville
- Pirates notebook: Fastball command issues hurt Cole against Cubs
- Steelers hoping to establish run early against San Diego
- Kennametal HQ relocation rankles Westmoreland County business leadership
- LaBar: Why NXT shouldn’t be compared to RAW