West Mifflin's Flore commits to Slippery Rock
TribLIVE Sports Videos
West Mifflin senior right-hander Paige Flore, the 2013 Daily News Girls Athlete of the Year, gave Slippery Rock a verbal commitment to play softball for the NCAA Division II school in 2014-15.
In 2012, Flore was West Mifflin's No. 1 pitcher and a key figure in helping the Titans end a 15-year postseason drought.
They won their first WPIAL playoff game since 1998 and posted a 17-6 record after losing to West Allegheny in the Class AAA consolation game.
Flore, who won 12 games, had 82 strikeouts and was 2-2 in the playoffs, also averaged double figures in scoring for the West Mifflin girls basketball team, which won a preliminary-round game in the WPIAL Class AAA playoffs.
Dave Mackall is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Virginia GOP Senate candidate Gillespie piles up mileage in pursuit of Warner
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Cardinals grab victory over pitcher Cole, Pirates with a late rally
- Pittsburgh police force’s diversity worsens since ACLU filed discrimination lawsuit in 2012
- Western Pa. districts aim to win back students from cyber charters
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds