Plum varsity slow-pitch splits with Hampton
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Plum varsity slow-pitch softball team had mixed results at Hampton in a doubleheader Sunday.
In game one, Hampton scored 18 runs in the first two innings, and Plum was not able to recover in a 19-7 loss in five innings.
Melissa Colchagie went 2 for 3 with three runs batted in, while Lindsey Herd and Kiersten Torma also collected two hits.
Plum rebounded to take game two, 13-3, and turned a 6-4-3 double play in the first inning.
The Mustangs then scored six runs in the bottom of the first and increased their lead to 10-1 after three frames.
A bases-loaded RBI single from Herd in the bottom of the sixth put the score at 13-3 and ended the game because of the 10-run mercy rule.
Offensively, Alyssa Zezza and Brianne DeGore both went 3 for 4 with a triple. DeGore added three RBI.
Amanda Zimmerman was 3 for 3 with a home run and four runs batted in, while Colchagie went 2 for 3 with a triple.
Camryn McCabe had three hits — one a triple — and three RBI.
Plum, now 6-4 on the season, hosts South Fayette on Sunday in a noon doubleheader at the PBSA fields.
The Mustangs junior varsity squad swept Hampton on Saturday.
In game one, Plum scored in every inning of a 13-3, five-inning win.
The Mustangs also turned a 1-6-3 double play and got three hits and four RBI from Marissa Wilson.
Elizabeth Adamcyzk added two hits and four RBI, while Savana Proden went 3 for 4.
Plum scored seven runs in the first, three runs in both the second and third innings, tallied five more in the fourth and got eight more in the fifth in a 26-3 rout in game two.
Alexa Ferchaw led the offensive barrage with four hits — including a home run and three doubles — and six runs batted in.
Proden, Adamcyzk and Shannon Soboslay each added four hits, and Wilson went 3 for 4 with three RBI.
The Plum JV now is 4-4 and hosts North Hills White on Saturday at noon at Plum High School.
Michael Love is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5825 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Finding perfect pairing for Ehrhoff key for Penguins
- Ex-Brewers star Hart hopes to prove to Pirates he still can play
- Pirates sickened by pic of ‘Jihadi John’ wearing Bucs ball cap
- Pirates notebook: Tabata rediscovering his power
- 3 charged with selling heroin that killed Lower Burrell woman
- At Pitt, a chance to make early impression under Narduzzi
- Gorman: A victory for small-town teams
- Indiana boys beat Beaver Falls for 1st WPIAL basketball title
- Improved play against zone keys Pitt’s turnaround
- Pittsburgh police chief: Officers, public must unite against violence
- Body found in rubble after Shaler house fire