Thomas Jefferson, Elizabeth Forward girls selected to softball showcase
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Bayli Moon, a sophomore at Thomas Jefferson and Elizabeth Forward's Jessica Cartia have been selected to compete in the Queen of Diamonds Showcase North at Kent State on Jan. 4 and 5.
The QDSN, now in its 19th season, is part of the Queen of Diamond's Showcase events that are the largest fast-pitch softball showcases of their kind in the United States.
Moon was a starting second baseman as a freshman and plays travel ball for the PA Renegades ‘98 team.
In August, she was selected to participate in the Queen of Diamonds South in the individual showcase, but chose to play in the Queen of Diamonds South Team Tournament with her PA Renegades ‘98 team in Rock Hill, S.C.
“Being selected for the Queen of Diamonds Showcase North is a great opportunity to compete with some of the best high school-aged players in the country,” she said. “My goal is to hopefully get the attention of college coaches so I can have the opportunity to play softball through my college years.”
Cartia is a catcher for PA Renegades ‘99.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Pouncey to file countersuit against nightclub accusers
- Rossi: Roethlisberger staging big comeback
- Fans head to Jason Aldean concert in droves
- Penn State names Barbour new AD
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell to miss beginning of training camp
- 3 rockets hit Israel as Hamas rejects Gaza truce
- News Alert
- Megan’s Law offender in Greensburg arrested when girl, 13, found hiding in shower
- After year off, Steelers’ Pouncey ‘ready to go’
- Steelers cut linebacker Kion Wilson, sign cornerback Toler
- No summer vacation for Mars boys basketball team