Thomas Jefferson, Elizabeth Forward girls selected to softball showcase
By Staff Reports
Published: Monday, Dec. 16, 2013, 12:56 a.m.
Bayli Moon, a sophomore at Thomas Jefferson and Elizabeth Forward's Jessica Cartia have been selected to compete in the Queen of Diamonds Showcase North at Kent State on Jan. 4 and 5.
The QDSN, now in its 19th season, is part of the Queen of Diamond's Showcase events that are the largest fast-pitch softball showcases of their kind in the United States.
Moon was a starting second baseman as a freshman and plays travel ball for the PA Renegades ‘98 team.
In August, she was selected to participate in the Queen of Diamonds South in the individual showcase, but chose to play in the Queen of Diamonds South Team Tournament with her PA Renegades ‘98 team in Rock Hill, S.C.
“Being selected for the Queen of Diamonds Showcase North is a great opportunity to compete with some of the best high school-aged players in the country,” she said. “My goal is to hopefully get the attention of college coaches so I can have the opportunity to play softball through my college years.”
Cartia is a catcher for PA Renegades ‘99.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Monessen girls win fourth straight, 5-2
- Lady Leps score late in 6-4 win over Southmoreland
- Bases-loaded free passes prove big in Deer Lakes’ softball victory over Burrell
- Steel Valley’s Cotter lifts Ironmen to win
- Uniontown softball team hangs tough to avenge loss to Mt. Pleasant
- Freshman fill-in Matthews tosses 4-hitter as EF routs No. 4 Southmoreland
- California, Luko keep rolling with 8-1 win
- Monessen solves Tilghman, Charleroi
- Latrobe freshman Carr tosses 1-hitter as Wildcats down Norwin
- Short-handed Frazier softball team falls to Carmichaels in key section matchup
- Norwin Knights shine in win over Kiski Area