Thomas Jefferson, Elizabeth Forward girls selected to softball showcase
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Bayli Moon, a sophomore at Thomas Jefferson and Elizabeth Forward's Jessica Cartia have been selected to compete in the Queen of Diamonds Showcase North at Kent State on Jan. 4 and 5.
The QDSN, now in its 19th season, is part of the Queen of Diamond's Showcase events that are the largest fast-pitch softball showcases of their kind in the United States.
Moon was a starting second baseman as a freshman and plays travel ball for the PA Renegades ‘98 team.
In August, she was selected to participate in the Queen of Diamonds South in the individual showcase, but chose to play in the Queen of Diamonds South Team Tournament with her PA Renegades ‘98 team in Rock Hill, S.C.
“Being selected for the Queen of Diamonds Showcase North is a great opportunity to compete with some of the best high school-aged players in the country,” she said. “My goal is to hopefully get the attention of college coaches so I can have the opportunity to play softball through my college years.”
Cartia is a catcher for PA Renegades ‘99.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Trinity derails Southmoreland softball’s dream of making state playoffs
- Moniteau stands between Karns City and D-9 softball title
- High school roundup: Seton-La Salle top Steel Valley in 8th inning
- Seton-La Salle edges Steel Valley in extra innings to advance to PIAA tourney
- Bishop Canevin uses 3-run home run to top Frazier in consolation game
- Deer Lakes outfield a ‘great mix’ of speed, arm strength
- Scotties fall as top-seeded Belle Vernon notches walk-off win
- Young Gators team makes strides in ’15
- Penn-Trafford softball finishes season in WPIAL quarterfinals
- Steel Valley softball gets 3rd try at Seton-La Salle
- Monessen softball tops Charleroi, makes first-ever WPIAL playoffs