Mt. Pleasant, Uniontown, Frazier learn softball playoff foes
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The WPIAL has released its softball playoff pairings, and all area teams will play first-round games at 4 p.m. Thursday.
Mt. Pleasant (9-7) finished as the third-place team in Section 4-AAA. The Vikings will play West Mifflin at Gateway High School. The Titans (16-2) are the first-place team from Section 3-AAA.
Uniontown qualified as the second-place team from Section 4-AAA. The Red Raiders (10-6) will take on Trinity at Hempfield High School. The Hillers (15-2) are the second-place team from Section 2-AAA.
Frazier took the third and final playoff spot in Section 2-A. The Commodores (10-5) will play Burgettstown at Fairhaven Park. The Blue Devils (14-4) won the Section 1-A title.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Bortuzzo could provide much-needed physical presence for Penguins
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- Natrona Bottling Co. keeps soda pop operation small, putting effort into craft, taste
- Pa. Supreme Court Justice McCaffery suspended in email porn scandal
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live