Mt. Pleasant, Uniontown, Frazier learn softball playoff foes
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The WPIAL has released its softball playoff pairings, and all area teams will play first-round games at 4 p.m. Thursday.
Mt. Pleasant (9-7) finished as the third-place team in Section 4-AAA. The Vikings will play West Mifflin at Gateway High School. The Titans (16-2) are the first-place team from Section 3-AAA.
Uniontown qualified as the second-place team from Section 4-AAA. The Red Raiders (10-6) will take on Trinity at Hempfield High School. The Hillers (15-2) are the second-place team from Section 2-AAA.
Frazier took the third and final playoff spot in Section 2-A. The Commodores (10-5) will play Burgettstown at Fairhaven Park. The Blue Devils (14-4) won the Section 1-A title.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- Reflecting frustration, Webb eyes presidency
- Mears savors success, credits legendary Lange for guidance, inspiration
- 5 arrested on firearm, drug charges in Spring Hill
- Allegheny County adoption event joins 40 children with families
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Derry water outage may be resolved by 5 p.m. Sunday, authority says
- Shooting victims live with bullets to survive, thrive
- Allegheny County buck could prove to be state’s largest ever taken