Sterrett shines in pool for FC
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Scott Sterrett, a senior, will be attending Johns Hopkins University next year.
He will major in biomedical engineering and also be on the swim team.
“I'm hoping to make an impact as a freshman,” he said. “They are one of the top D-III teams and I'm looking forward to being part of the team.”
But before going to college, he is making an impact on the Fox Chapel varsity swim team.
Last week he won two individual races and was part of two winning relay teams as the Foxes beat Shady Side Academy.
Here's a closer look at Sterrett:
Q: Who have been your role models?
A: In sports, it would have to be Michael Phelps. In my personal life, it's my parents. They taught me how to be a student-athlete, with the emphasis on the student aspect.
Q: What are your hobbies?
A: I like to golf with my brother, listen to music and play guitar.
Q: If you weren't on the swim team, what sports would you be playing?
A: I played baseball until I was 14, so it would probably be baseball.
Q: Do you have a pet peeve?
A: Nothing I can think of.
Q: What movie could you watch over and over?
A: “Batman, Dark Knight.”
Q: What's your favorite TV show?
A: “Pawn Stars.”
Q: What's on your Christmas list?
A: I'd like to get a Pittsburgh Steelers Brett Keisel jersey and some headphones.
Q: Do you have any pre-meet rituals?
A: I like to focus by myself and listen to music.
Q: Who's your favorite athlete?
A: Tiger Woods, as an athlete not a person.
Q: Who would be your dream date?
A: Anne Hathaway.
Q: What's your favorite restaurant?
A: La Capella in Fox Chapel.
Q: What would make up your all-time favorite meal?
A: I'd go with breakfast food — waffles, bacon, hash browns and yogurt.
Q: Who would you like to see disappear from public view?
A: Anne Coulter.
Q: What's the wildest, craziest thing you've done?
A: There's a cold water spring at my summer camp that I swim in. The water is 52 degrees.
Q: People would be surprised to know that I …
A: ... Play the guitar.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Witnesses help identify 2nd teen charged in killing Andre Roberts
- Stakes high as ex-Saints receiver Moore faces his former team
- Northern Cambria man accused of attempted rape
- Photo of suspect in Greendale Tavern burglary/fire released
- October mine inspections result in 127 citations
- Icy roads cause accidents, slow traffic across Western Pa.
- Steelers notebook: Injury to RT Gilbert opens door for Adams to start
- Earlier openings make Black Friday shopping easier for bargain-hunters
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Sewickley center offers new child care options
- Pitt receiver Boyd continues to grow on and off the field