FC swim teams post two wins
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Fox Chapel High School swim team picked up a pair of victories last week.
On Jan. 15, they went up against Hampton and the girls won by a 95-59 score while the boys won 93-78.
Miranda Simon and Addison Lynch each picked up wins in diving while Sia Beasly qualified for WPIALs in the 100 breaststroke. She has now qualified for all eight WPIAL events.
Amanda Todd made the cut in the 100 backstroke and qualified for the WPIAL meet. First place finishers included Kelly Arel (200 freestyle), Beasley (500 freestyle), Franny Dean (100 breaststroke), Anna Mucci (100 butterfly), and Amanda Todd (100 backstroke) as well as the 200 medley relay team.
The boys had nine first place finishes. Boys who finished first were Noah Cagley (200 freestyle and 100 butterfly), Scott Sterrett (50 freestyle and 100 breaststroke) and Zihan Su (200 IM and 100 freestyle) as well as all three relays.
The second meet was on Jan. 17 at McKeesport High School. The Fox Chapel girls won 85-77 and the boys won 72-37.
First place finishes were Maura Clark (200 free, 100 back), Sterrett (200 free), Dante Cordaro (200 IM), Mucci (50 free, 100 breaststroke), Travis Eckman (50 free), Adlai Nelson (100 fly), Ryan Foster (100 fly), Beasley (100 free), Alexis Boyd (500 free), Konrad Urban (500 free), Cagley (100 back), and Zihan Su (100 breaststroke). WPIAL cuts were made by Maura Clark in the 200 free and Alexis Boyd in the 500 freestyle.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Steelers’ Brown made good after leaving PSU in wake of sanctions
- Shale oil, gas finds put Mon Valley on path to renaissance, leaders say
- Crash closes road in Dunbar
- Large-scale batteries are integral in shift to renewable energy
- Western Pennsylvania residents chill about forecasters’ spat
- Legal titans prepared to tussle in Ferrante cyanide homicide trial
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Pitt’s defense has not rested in post-Donald era