FC swim teams post two wins
By Marty Stewart
Published: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, January 24, 2013
The Fox Chapel High School swim team picked up a pair of victories last week.
On Jan. 15, they went up against Hampton and the girls won by a 95-59 score while the boys won 93-78.
Miranda Simon and Addison Lynch each picked up wins in diving while Sia Beasly qualified for WPIALs in the 100 breaststroke. She has now qualified for all eight WPIAL events.
Amanda Todd made the cut in the 100 backstroke and qualified for the WPIAL meet. First place finishers included Kelly Arel (200 freestyle), Beasley (500 freestyle), Franny Dean (100 breaststroke), Anna Mucci (100 butterfly), and Amanda Todd (100 backstroke) as well as the 200 medley relay team.
The boys had nine first place finishes. Boys who finished first were Noah Cagley (200 freestyle and 100 butterfly), Scott Sterrett (50 freestyle and 100 breaststroke) and Zihan Su (200 IM and 100 freestyle) as well as all three relays.
The second meet was on Jan. 17 at McKeesport High School. The Fox Chapel girls won 85-77 and the boys won 72-37.
First place finishes were Maura Clark (200 free, 100 back), Sterrett (200 free), Dante Cordaro (200 IM), Mucci (50 free, 100 breaststroke), Travis Eckman (50 free), Adlai Nelson (100 fly), Ryan Foster (100 fly), Beasley (100 free), Alexis Boyd (500 free), Konrad Urban (500 free), Cagley (100 back), and Zihan Su (100 breaststroke). WPIAL cuts were made by Maura Clark in the 200 free and Alexis Boyd in the 500 freestyle.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kovacevic: It’s about time for these Penguins
- Steelers veteran outside linebacker Woodley: ‘I’m good to go’
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- Senators on cusp of ouster against Penguins
- Penguins turn Game 4 into a blowout victory over the Senators
- Steelers’ Miller watches, waits while teammates practice
- Neal, Iginla get back on track to lead Penguins
- Penguins notebook: Morrow sits; Bylsma changes lineup
- Pirates outfielder Snider certainly proving to be (big) hit
- Starter Liriano impressive again as Pirates blank Cubs
- Pirates notebook: Morton could be back in early June
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.