FC girls swim team wins pair
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Fox Chapel swim team traveled to Bethel Park on Jan. 29 and came home with a split.
The girls won, 94-92. The boys lost by 98-83.
Scott Sterrett set a new Bethel Park pool record in the 200 individual with a time of 1:58.60. Noah Cagley won the 100 butterfly and Ryan Foster qualified for the WPIALs in the 100 backstroke.
For the girls, Sia Beasley won the 200 freestyle and the 100 backstroke. Franny Dean took first in the 100 breaststroke and Anna Mucci won the 100 butterfly. The 200 medley and 400 freestyle relay teams also won. Kelly Arel qualified for the WPIALs in the 200 freestyle.
Jan. 31 was Senior Night and the Foxes hosted Woodland Hills. Seniors on the squad are team manager Abby Barnes, Alexis Boyd, Claire McCarthy, Anna Mucci, Amanda Todd, David Ahn, Travis Eckman, Ryan Foster, Jake Gerger, Taj Singh, Scott Sterrett and Zihan Su.
The FC girls won 95-75 and the boys picked up a 96-74 win.
For the girls, Beasly won in the 100 breaststroke. Maura Clark won the 200 individual medley, Anna Mucci won the 100 freestyle, Amanda Todd won the 100 backstroke and the 200 medley relay team won.
Boys winners were Cagley in the 200 individual medley, Foster in the 200 freestyle, Gerger in the 100 butterfly, Sterrett in the 100 breaststroke and Zihan Su in the 100 freestyle. The 200 free and medley relay teams also notched wins while Cagley qualified for WPIALs in the 100 breaststroke. He has now qualified for all eight events.
The divers also performed well as Miranda Simon, Emily Eames and Addison Lynch each scored over 200 points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Young Hempfield swimmers gain experience at WPIAL meet
- Highlands sophomore Bonnett golden again
- Freeport senior Otwell changes routine, but success persists
- Olympic aspirations fueling Chartiers Valley senior diver
- Derry girls take 2nd at WPIAL meet
- Quaker Valley swimming headed to states after winning first WPIAL title
- Thomas Jefferson’s Hill shatters 2 girls swim team records
- Panthers record several top finishes