SSA swim teams split two meets
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Shady Side Academy swim teams had a pair of meets last week.
On Jan. 28, the boys fell to Moon, 95-88, while the girls lost by a 96-82 score.
The Indians returned to section action against Highlands on Jan. 30 and both teams rebounded as the boys won,78-57, and the girls won 84-73.
Boys winners against Moon were the 200 medley relay team of Andrew Lehman, Jacob Sarner, Li Sam and Gray Garrard; Lehman in the 200 IM and 100 butterfly; Brendan Leech in the 200 and 500 free; Thad Ellis in the 50 free; the 200 free relay team of Ellis, Leech, Ryan Koul and Jason Weis; and the 400 free relay team of Ellis, Lehman, Leech and Koul.
Girls winners against Moon were Caroline Colville in the 200 and 500 free; Destin Groff in the 100 breaststroke; the 200 free relay team of Groff, Maggie Leech, Ali Sarner and Emily Jaffe; and the 400 free relay team of Sarner, Leech, Colville and Karen Shi.
Against Highlands, the girls winners were the 200 medley relay team of Sarner, Jaffe, Maria Marcos and Jenna Wallace; Colville in the 200 free; Groff in the 200 IM and 500 free; Leech in the 100 butterfly; Shi in the 100 free; and the 200 free relay team of Colville, Maria Marcos, Sarner and Dominique DeRubeis.
Boys winners were the 200 medley relay team of Leech, Sarner, Weis and Frank Benckart; Leech in the 200 free; Koul in the 200 IM; Ellis in the 50 and 100 free; and Ben Skinner in the 500 free.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates fall short in bid for Lester, who’s traded to Oakland
- Shooting investigation leads to large marijuana grow in Monessen
- EPA talks on pollution limits trigger protests, arrests Downtown
- Spaling, Penguins agree to $4.4 million deal
- Calm and quick Leechburg bank robber sought
- After years of lobbying, Big Ben has Steelers running the no-huddle
- It’s lights out for Bayer sign on Mt. Washington
- Pa. senator investigates Rocky Mountain high at taxpayers’ expense
- Oakland eatery Fuel & Fuddle to reopen under new owners
- Beloved teacher at 3 Western Pa. schools hears from students across nation
- Steelers notebook: Brown calls Sanders’ comments about Roethlisberger ‘terrible’