3 Fox Chapel divers finish in Top-10 at WPIAL meet
By Marty Stewart
Published: Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2013, 4:57 p.m.
The WPIAL Class AAA diving championships were held on Saturday and the Fox Chapel Area High School team continued its strong season as coach Vernon Yenick's squad had three divers finish in the Top-10.
On the boys side, Addison Lynch finished in ninth place with 309.60 points.
For the girls, sophomore Miranda Simon finished fourth with 336.45 points and Emily Eames finished in sixth place with 328.35 points.
“Well, it was fantastic,” Yenick said. “Addison was just a dozen points from the qualifying sixth spot. It was an excellent performance with another year to look forward to.
“Emily Eames dived out of her mind. She was at the bottom last year and this year qualified for the state championships.”
The coach described Simon's performance as being terrific and steady.
Yenick also said he expects both a Simon in Eames to be in medal contention at the state meet scheduled for Bucknell University later this month.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Blue Jackets notebook: Columbus wants another crack at playing with lead
- Pennsylvania Gov. Corbett wants candidate Wolf to release tax records
- Precautions lack year since fatal blast at plant
- Pitcher Cueto shuts down Pirates as Reds cruise to victory at PNC
- White Oak residents can sign up through borough police for county’s new registry
- LaBar: Did WWE referee know finish to Undertaker match?
- Preview of Wednesday’s Reds-Pirates game
- Kovacevic: No science to solving power play
- North Versailles magisterial judge “retires” but remains on bench