3 Fox Chapel divers finish in Top-10 at WPIAL meet
By Marty Stewart
Published: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 4:57 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 27, 2013
The WPIAL Class AAA diving championships were held on Saturday and the Fox Chapel Area High School team continued its strong season as coach Vernon Yenick's squad had three divers finish in the Top-10.
On the boys side, Addison Lynch finished in ninth place with 309.60 points.
For the girls, sophomore Miranda Simon finished fourth with 336.45 points and Emily Eames finished in sixth place with 328.35 points.
“Well, it was fantastic,” Yenick said. “Addison was just a dozen points from the qualifying sixth spot. It was an excellent performance with another year to look forward to.
“Emily Eames dived out of her mind. She was at the bottom last year and this year qualified for the state championships.”
The coach described Simon's performance as being terrific and steady.
Yenick also said he expects both a Simon in Eames to be in medal contention at the state meet scheduled for Bucknell University later this month.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or email@example.com.
- Kovacevic: Why did Pens even get Iginla?
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Senior Players Championship tickets on sale
- Turnout light across Western Pa. as voters hit polls
- Judge: Stop feeding the voters
- Warsaw partisan fought in 2 uprisings
- Improved depth could drive Pirates’ fortunes deep into season
- Penguins’ breakdown on Alfredsson goal changes series
- Senators exude confidence after stirring Game 3 victory
- Facial recognition technology moving toward identifying almost anyone
- Penguins Insider: Players’ focus in right place
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.