3 Fox Chapel divers finish in Top-10 at WPIAL meet
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The WPIAL Class AAA diving championships were held on Saturday and the Fox Chapel Area High School team continued its strong season as coach Vernon Yenick's squad had three divers finish in the Top-10.
On the boys side, Addison Lynch finished in ninth place with 309.60 points.
For the girls, sophomore Miranda Simon finished fourth with 336.45 points and Emily Eames finished in sixth place with 328.35 points.
“Well, it was fantastic,” Yenick said. “Addison was just a dozen points from the qualifying sixth spot. It was an excellent performance with another year to look forward to.
“Emily Eames dived out of her mind. She was at the bottom last year and this year qualified for the state championships.”
The coach described Simon's performance as being terrific and steady.
Yenick also said he expects both a Simon in Eames to be in medal contention at the state meet scheduled for Bucknell University later this month.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- North Allegheny girls swim team seeking 7th straight title
- Canevin swimmers looking for success
- Penn-Trafford girls 200 free relay team hungry for more success
- Norwin swimming returning talent, building depth
- Dryland training boosts Franklin Regional swimmers’ performances
- Thomas Jefferson swim team energized by sweeps at Canon-McMillan