3 Fox Chapel divers finish in Top-10 at WPIAL meet
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The WPIAL Class AAA diving championships were held on Saturday and the Fox Chapel Area High School team continued its strong season as coach Vernon Yenick's squad had three divers finish in the Top-10.
On the boys side, Addison Lynch finished in ninth place with 309.60 points.
For the girls, sophomore Miranda Simon finished fourth with 336.45 points and Emily Eames finished in sixth place with 328.35 points.
“Well, it was fantastic,” Yenick said. “Addison was just a dozen points from the qualifying sixth spot. It was an excellent performance with another year to look forward to.
“Emily Eames dived out of her mind. She was at the bottom last year and this year qualified for the state championships.”
The coach described Simon's performance as being terrific and steady.
Yenick also said he expects both a Simon in Eames to be in medal contention at the state meet scheduled for Bucknell University later this month.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wolf still seeking to raise income tax, impose tax on shale-gas drilling
- Road crews are dealing with oil and sealant spills on roadways
- Starkey: Searage, Pirates ultra-confident
- Pens’ Dupuis out at least a month with lower-body injury
- Steelers’ Bryant returns from drug suspension, ‘won’t happen again’
- Canon-McMillan drops U.S. Postal Service from condemnation action
- New Steelers kicker Boswell ready for challenge at Heinz
- Husband, wife die in apparent murder-suicide in Baldwin Borough
- Pitt football team staying humble amid 3-1 start
- Allegheny Township home destroyed by fire
- Latrobe infant found in filth, police say