Groff leads Indians; advances in 2 events
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Destin Groff is gearing up for her fourth trip to the state championship swimming meet.
She will be participating in two events after earning a third-pace finish in the 100 butterfly and a fourth-place finish in the 100 freestyle at the WPIAL Class AA championship meet.
A senior, Groff hasn't chosen a college, yet, but she has narrowed her majors down to either chemistry or biology.
She wants to continue swimming in college.
Groff doesn't play any other sports at SSA, but this spring she plans to give Ultimate Frisbee a try.
Here's a closer look at Destin Groff:
Q: Who have been your role models in life and in sports?
A: My little sister.
Q: What are your hobbies?
A: I like baking, having dance parties and hanging out with friends and family. I also want to learn how to cook.
Q: How many days out of the year do you swim?
A: Six days a week.
Q: Do you have any superstitions before a meet?
A: I will stretch a week before the meet. I hate stretching. I also have a good meal the night before.
Q: Who makes the best pizza?
A: The Italian Village.
Q: What movie could you watch over and over?
Q: What's your favorite TV show?
A: “Gossip Girls.”
Q: What's your favorite place to go on vacation?
Q: What's your favorite candy bar?
A: Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.
Q: Who's your favorite athlete?
A: Natalie Coughlin.
Q: Who would be your dream date?
A: Channing Tatum.
Q: What would make up your all-time favorite meal?
A: Sushi, cookies, cake, ice cream and Razzy Fresh frozen yogurt.
Q: Who would you like to trade places with for a day?
A: My dad. He's an orthopedic surgeon. That would be an interesting day.
Q: What's the wildest, craziest thing you've ever done?
A: Skydiving in Australia.
Q: People would be surprised to know that I …
A: ... Wear a size-12 shoe.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Just wait until Ben comes back
- Bell’s last-second TD lifts Steelers over Chargers
- Steelers defense displays resiliency in victory over Chargers
- Pirates coach Sofield interviews for Padres manager
- Steelers notebook: Receiver Bryant inactive for game vs. Chargers
- 1 killed, 2 injured in Fayette County crash
- Sisters of St. Francis of the Providence of God sell 33-acre Whitehall home
- Central Valley, New Castle face WPIAL hearing over fight before football game
- Looking toward home opener, Penguins work to end scoring drought
- Home invader shot, killed in Mt. Washington
- Penguins notebook: Left wing rotation puts Perron with Malkin