Groff leads Indians; advances in 2 events
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Destin Groff is gearing up for her fourth trip to the state championship swimming meet.
She will be participating in two events after earning a third-pace finish in the 100 butterfly and a fourth-place finish in the 100 freestyle at the WPIAL Class AA championship meet.
A senior, Groff hasn't chosen a college, yet, but she has narrowed her majors down to either chemistry or biology.
She wants to continue swimming in college.
Groff doesn't play any other sports at SSA, but this spring she plans to give Ultimate Frisbee a try.
Here's a closer look at Destin Groff:
Q: Who have been your role models in life and in sports?
A: My little sister.
Q: What are your hobbies?
A: I like baking, having dance parties and hanging out with friends and family. I also want to learn how to cook.
Q: How many days out of the year do you swim?
A: Six days a week.
Q: Do you have any superstitions before a meet?
A: I will stretch a week before the meet. I hate stretching. I also have a good meal the night before.
Q: Who makes the best pizza?
A: The Italian Village.
Q: What movie could you watch over and over?
Q: What's your favorite TV show?
A: “Gossip Girls.”
Q: What's your favorite place to go on vacation?
Q: What's your favorite candy bar?
A: Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.
Q: Who's your favorite athlete?
A: Natalie Coughlin.
Q: Who would be your dream date?
A: Channing Tatum.
Q: What would make up your all-time favorite meal?
A: Sushi, cookies, cake, ice cream and Razzy Fresh frozen yogurt.
Q: Who would you like to trade places with for a day?
A: My dad. He's an orthopedic surgeon. That would be an interesting day.
Q: What's the wildest, craziest thing you've ever done?
A: Skydiving in Australia.
Q: People would be surprised to know that I …
A: ... Wear a size-12 shoe.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Penn State football team’s future won’t include ‘Distraction’ trips
- Steelers bracing to face 2 quarterbacks vs. Browns
- 2nd American journalist beheaded as ISIS jihadist taunts, ‘I’m back, Obama’
- Pitt well-stocked along offensive line
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Rossi: Longing for when `Browns Week’ mattered
- Pirates notebook: Polanco says demotion to Indianapolis helped
- IUP’s Lane seizes big opportunity
- Pittsburgh mayor says new police chief’s skills fit the job well
- Smaller companies outperform multinationals on U.S. strength over eurozone