Shady Side Academy swim team picks up 2 wins
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Shady Side Academy swim team swept a pair of meets last week.
Against Brentwood on Jan. 21, the boys won by 93-77 while the girls posted an 84-77 win. They then defeated Deer Lakes on Jan. 23. The boys won by a score of 73-44 and the girls notched a 79-56 win.
“I've been very impressed with our kids,” SSA coach John Landreth said. “They keep improving and are looking good heading into the last three weeks.”
The boys are 3-0 in section and 6-0 overall while the girls are also 3-0 in section and 4-2 overall.
Posting wins against Brentwood for the boys were the 200 medley relay team of Brendan Leech, Luke Pellegrini, Zach Coughlin and Frank Benckart; Andrew Lehman in the 200 freestyle; Jason Weis in the 100 freestyle; Leech in the 500 freestyle; Pellegrini in the 100 breaststroke, the 200 free relay team of Benckart, Lehman, Weis and Leech and the 400 free relay team of Weis, Coughlin, Leech and Lehman.
Girls winners were the 200 medley relay team of Meredith Brown, Olivia Lyda, Lindsey Miller and Ashley Azzarello; Emily Jaffe in the 200 freestyle; Caroline Colville in the 200 individual medley; Jenna Wallace in the 50 freestyle; Lyda in the 100 butterfly; Rachel Roman in the 100 freestyle, Azzarello in the 500 free and the 200 medley relay team of Miller, Charlotte Redican, Lyda and Roman.
Boys winners against Deer Lakes were the 200 medley relay team of Lehman, Weis, Leech and Benckart; Coughlin in the 200 freestyle; Leech in the 200 individual medley; Lehman in the 50 freestyle and 100 butterfly; Benckart in the 100 freestyle and the 400 free relay team of Leech, Robert Davies, Jonathan Twan and Nico Bodkin.
Girls winners were the 200 medley relay team of Colville Jaffe, Miller and Azzarello; Colville in the 200 and 500 freestyles; Wallace in the 50 freestyle; Azarello in the 100 butterfly; the 200 free relay team of Roman, Colville, Azarello and Jaffe and the 400 free relay team of Roman, Gianna Pipitone, Wallace and Emily Certo.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers claim former Cowboys cornerback Webb
- Pirates notebook: Lambo called up to replace ailing Snider
- Secret judicial ruling blocks release of sexually explicit emails
- Saturday’s scouting report: Reds at Pirates
- S&P races to August milestone
- NFL notebook: Niners’ Smith gets 9-game suspension
- Penn State notebook: NCAA rebuts report of eased PSU sanctions
- With eyes on China, Japan seeks record defense budget
- Missing Northview Heights girl found safe in school
- Beijing expected to restrict Hong Kong candidates
- McDonnell case heads for jurors