Weis leads way in the pool for Shady Side
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Jason Weis has qualified in multiple events for the upcoming WPIAL swimming championships.
Last week, the senior was at the top of his game as he won four events in meets against Moon and Highlands.
For his efforts, Weis has been selected as The Herald Spotlight Athlete.
Also a member of the Shady Side soccer team, Weis said he would like to continue playing both sports at the collegiate level.
He said he is narrowing his college search and wants to major in biomedical engineering.
Here's a closer look at Weis:
Q: Who have been your role models in sports and in life?
A: My parents and my swimming coaches, John Landreth and Keegan Borland.
Q: What's your favorite TV show?
Q: How many days out of the year are you swimming?
A: I'd say nine months out of the year.
Q: Who's your favorite singer or band?
A: I really don't have a favorite.
Q: Who's your favorite athlete?
A: Michael Phelps.
Q: What are your hobbies?
A: Swimming and soccer.
Q: Who would you like to trade places with for a day?
A: Sidney Crosby.
Q: How many texts do you send out a day on your cell phone?
A: Around 30.
Q: What public figures would you like to see disappear from public view?
A: Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus.
Q: What's your favorite vacation destination?
Q: Who would be your dream date?
A: Alex Morgan from the U.S. women's soccer team.
Q: Who makes the best pizza in Pittsburgh?
Q: What movie could you watch over and over?
Q: Do you have any pre-meet rituals or superstitions?
A: I always eat a peanut butter Snickers bar.
Q: What's your favorite class at school?
A: A math elective.
Q: What would make up your favorite all-time meal?
A: I'd start with breakfast from Pamela's and then a steak and ice cream.
Q: Is there a food you refuse to eat?
Q: What's your favorite junk food?
A: Any candy.
Q: People would be surprised to know that...
A: ... My arms are longer than I am tall.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sports camps added at East Franklin’s Belmont Complex
- McKeesport mayor believes city’s ceremony reflects Memorial Day’s true meaning
- Memorial Day marked with several events in Kittanning
- Pirates pitcher Morton turns in solid performance in win over Marlins
- Accident at West Virginia’s Cheat Lake sends boaters to hospital
- LaRosa Boys & Girls Club of McKeesport remembers war dead
- Cops: Man shoots 11-year-old with BB gun in McKeesport; boy critical
- ‘Voice of Pittsburgh’ was proud of Mon Valley roots
- Foes of South Huntingdon gas-fired plant fight approval
- Consistency keeps Cellone’s Bakery customers coming back
- Alle-Kiski Valley parades with pride on Memorial Day