Fox Chapel tennis coach starts online fitness program
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Alex Slezak is known as a tennis coach and physical education instructor in the Fox Chapel Area school district.
Now, he will also spread the gospel of fitness to adults.
He launched an online fitness program on Sept. 24.
“As a coach and phys ed teacher, I train kids to improve their fitness, coordination, speed and agility all year long,” Slezak said.
“Parents have asked me for years to start training adults but I have never had time because I am so busy working with youth at the high school.
“For the past eight months, I have been working to create a world-class, 100 percent online digital training program for adults.”
The program has two parts — one is an education component and the other is the ‘how to' component.
Slezak believes he has left no stone unturned in the program.
“I cover training principles, nutrition, soft tissue work, mobility, stretching, postural problems and provide individualized monthly workouts,” he said.
Slezak will also offer a free on-line mini-course with explanations of “Why cardio is dead” and “Manipulating metabolism through exercise.”
Anyone can access the course online by entering a valid email. At the end of the course, they will have the opportunity to join the online training program.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL notebook: Bills reportedly reach deal to trade for former Pitt star McCoy
- La Roche, St. Vincent get one more shot in D-III tournaments
- Blue Jays’ Martin has ‘nothing but praise’ for former Pirates teammates
- District college notebook: W&J wrestler Carr advances to D-III championships
- Trafford native writes the book on early rock concerts
- Safety Vinopal, other former Panthers perform for NFL scouts at Pitt’s Pro Day
- CMU grad’s FunBites make healthy food appeal to kids
- So Many Questions: ‘Hart of Dixie’ actor Bill Parks enjoys the romance of small towns
- Penguins notebook: Team exercising caution with Ehrhoff’s return from concussion
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 8, Blue Jays 7
- Deal ‘paves Iran’s path’ to nukes, Netanyahu says