Fox Chapel tennis coach starts online fitness program
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Alex Slezak is known as a tennis coach and physical education instructor in the Fox Chapel Area school district.
Now, he will also spread the gospel of fitness to adults.
He launched an online fitness program on Sept. 24.
“As a coach and phys ed teacher, I train kids to improve their fitness, coordination, speed and agility all year long,” Slezak said.
“Parents have asked me for years to start training adults but I have never had time because I am so busy working with youth at the high school.
“For the past eight months, I have been working to create a world-class, 100 percent online digital training program for adults.”
The program has two parts — one is an education component and the other is the ‘how to' component.
Slezak believes he has left no stone unturned in the program.
“I cover training principles, nutrition, soft tissue work, mobility, stretching, postural problems and provide individualized monthly workouts,” he said.
Slezak will also offer a free on-line mini-course with explanations of “Why cardio is dead” and “Manipulating metabolism through exercise.”
Anyone can access the course online by entering a valid email. At the end of the course, they will have the opportunity to join the online training program.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McCutchen, Pirates hitters increasingly in crosshairs
- Locke pitches 8 scoreless innings as Pirates edge Indians
- Pirates minor league report: Ramirez more mindful while at plate
- Starting 9: Pirates missing out on young bat
- Woman shot outside Kennywood Park in West Mifflin
- Pirates trust eye test when voting for all-stars
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Indians, July 5, 2015
- Biertempfel: Loss of All-Star paper ballots a blow to nostalgia
- Starkey: Bring back the Brawl!
- Grandmother of boy dropped at Uniontown Hospital says he’s in ICU