Keystone Oaks tennis pair finds postseason success
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The dynamic duo of Keystone Oaks' Emily Valley and Maura Gray made noise at the WPIAL Class AA girls doubles tennis tournament.
The pair defeated Springdale's Rebecca Kern and Margo Corsetti, 10-4; and Beaver's Racquel Holiday and Mattie Taylor, 10-7; but fell to South Park's Chelsea Carter and Sara Kiminsky, 6-1, 6-2, in the semifinals.
The loss dropped the pair into the consolation match against Juliana Lapek and Analise Zapadka of Blackhawk.
Valley and Gray defeated the Cougars' pair in three sets, 5-7, 6-3 and 6-4.
The win puts the duo into the PIAA Class AA championship tournament, scheduled for Nov. 2-3 at the Hershey Racquet Club.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt: Football coach hire comes 1st, athletic director 2nd
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Man involved with crash with officer dies in Pittsburgh hospital
- Michigan State defensive coordinator a Pitt coaching candidate
- Despite intimidation, women still passionate about video games
- Penguins’ defensive depth proves valuable
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
- Pirates sign Corey Hart to 1-year deal
- Port Authority fires two bus drivers involved in rollover crash
- Rossi: Brawl for ADs between Pitt and WVU
- Steelers must be creative in providing snaps for linebackers