Keystone Oaks tennis pair finds postseason success
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The dynamic duo of Keystone Oaks' Emily Valley and Maura Gray made noise at the WPIAL Class AA girls doubles tennis tournament.
The pair defeated Springdale's Rebecca Kern and Margo Corsetti, 10-4; and Beaver's Racquel Holiday and Mattie Taylor, 10-7; but fell to South Park's Chelsea Carter and Sara Kiminsky, 6-1, 6-2, in the semifinals.
The loss dropped the pair into the consolation match against Juliana Lapek and Analise Zapadka of Blackhawk.
Valley and Gray defeated the Cougars' pair in three sets, 5-7, 6-3 and 6-4.
The win puts the duo into the PIAA Class AA championship tournament, scheduled for Nov. 2-3 at the Hershey Racquet Club.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers trying to get missing defensive pieces on field
- In reworking contract, Steelers WR Brown gets hefty pay raise
- Cole struggles as Brewers continue Miller mastery over Pirates
- Feds investigating millions embezzled from Matthews International Corp. of Pittsburgh
- Indiana County coroner: Death of 19-year-old student found on IUP campus not suspicious
- Free training sessions to administer naloxone opiod antidote to begin in Derry
- Steelers running back eager to prove he can help bridge gap to Bell
- Western Pa. played role, was transformed by victory in World War II
- Animal activists targeting Vick at Steelers preseason game
- Allegheny County CYF worker arrested on child pornography charges
- Steelers notebook: LB Harrison believes Goodell will prevail in Brady ruling