Keystone Oaks tennis pair finds postseason success
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The dynamic duo of Keystone Oaks' Emily Valley and Maura Gray made noise at the WPIAL Class AA girls doubles tennis tournament.
The pair defeated Springdale's Rebecca Kern and Margo Corsetti, 10-4; and Beaver's Racquel Holiday and Mattie Taylor, 10-7; but fell to South Park's Chelsea Carter and Sara Kiminsky, 6-1, 6-2, in the semifinals.
The loss dropped the pair into the consolation match against Juliana Lapek and Analise Zapadka of Blackhawk.
Valley and Gray defeated the Cougars' pair in three sets, 5-7, 6-3 and 6-4.
The win puts the duo into the PIAA Class AA championship tournament, scheduled for Nov. 2-3 at the Hershey Racquet Club.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LaBar: Like it or not, Reigns is rising with Royal Rumble win
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- Penguins’ Fleury surrenders 7 goals in 1 period of NHL All-Star Game loss
- First quarter nightmare for Monessen
- ‘Free’ wine kiosk initiative costs state Liquor Control Board $300K
- Senator opens Connellsville office
- Radioactive radon permeates Western Pennsylvania homes
- Serra Catholic’s Sieg learning to lead in senior season
- Pittsburgh diocese campaign big success
- Storm could drop 4-6 inches of snow on Pittsburgh area
- Breen, North Catholic top West Mifflin