Keystone Oaks tennis pair finds postseason success
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The dynamic duo of Keystone Oaks' Emily Valley and Maura Gray made noise at the WPIAL Class AA girls doubles tennis tournament.
The pair defeated Springdale's Rebecca Kern and Margo Corsetti, 10-4; and Beaver's Racquel Holiday and Mattie Taylor, 10-7; but fell to South Park's Chelsea Carter and Sara Kiminsky, 6-1, 6-2, in the semifinals.
The loss dropped the pair into the consolation match against Juliana Lapek and Analise Zapadka of Blackhawk.
Valley and Gray defeated the Cougars' pair in three sets, 5-7, 6-3 and 6-4.
The win puts the duo into the PIAA Class AA championship tournament, scheduled for Nov. 2-3 at the Hershey Racquet Club.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Cops: Man shoots 11-year-old with BB gun; boy is critical
- Police charge Allentown teen for beating, holding ex-girlfriend at gunpoint
- Rossi: After L.A., NFL should tread carefully
- Wrong-way driver causes head-on crash in Center
- Pedestrian injured in accident near busway ramp in Carnegie
- Kennywood fanatic, 82, rides Jack Rabbit 95 times in a row
- Cochran repair center planned in Harrison
- Couple attempts theft at North Huntingdon Wal-Mart
- Man taken to hospital after New Alexandria house burns
- Summertime is the perfect opportunity to dig into a good book
- Acme man’s ephemeral sculptures appear to defy laws of physics