Keystone Oaks tennis pair finds postseason success
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The dynamic duo of Keystone Oaks' Emily Valley and Maura Gray made noise at the WPIAL Class AA girls doubles tennis tournament.
The pair defeated Springdale's Rebecca Kern and Margo Corsetti, 10-4; and Beaver's Racquel Holiday and Mattie Taylor, 10-7; but fell to South Park's Chelsea Carter and Sara Kiminsky, 6-1, 6-2, in the semifinals.
The loss dropped the pair into the consolation match against Juliana Lapek and Analise Zapadka of Blackhawk.
Valley and Gray defeated the Cougars' pair in three sets, 5-7, 6-3 and 6-4.
The win puts the duo into the PIAA Class AA championship tournament, scheduled for Nov. 2-3 at the Hershey Racquet Club.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Liriano, Pirates complete sweep of Tigers
- Kessel ‘excited’ to be a Penguin
- Hurricanes owner rips Rutherford, Penguins
- Attorney General’s twin sister sued by FBI agent ex-boyfriend
- Wolf vetoes bill privatizing Pennsylvania’s liquor system
- Man who threatened to jump from bridge in custody
- Rossi: Wild Wednesday proves Steelers rule
- Blairsville-Saltsburg School District looks to fill music, buildings and grounds positions
- United School Board finalizes 1.7-mill tax increase
- Greensburg’s Trinity United Church of Christ sprucing up
- Westmoreland Area Agency on Aging lends support to caregivers