Keystone Oaks tennis pair finds postseason success
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The dynamic duo of Keystone Oaks' Emily Valley and Maura Gray made noise at the WPIAL Class AA girls doubles tennis tournament.
The pair defeated Springdale's Rebecca Kern and Margo Corsetti, 10-4; and Beaver's Racquel Holiday and Mattie Taylor, 10-7; but fell to South Park's Chelsea Carter and Sara Kiminsky, 6-1, 6-2, in the semifinals.
The loss dropped the pair into the consolation match against Juliana Lapek and Analise Zapadka of Blackhawk.
Valley and Gray defeated the Cougars' pair in three sets, 5-7, 6-3 and 6-4.
The win puts the duo into the PIAA Class AA championship tournament, scheduled for Nov. 2-3 at the Hershey Racquet Club.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hunting creates strong bonds, traditions
- Unexected snow squalls bring icy conditions, accidents in West Mifflin
- Sentencing delayed for Operation Pork Chop mastermind
- For some Pennsylvania candidates, 2015 is already here
- Elizabeth council honors actions of 2 emergency responders
- Trib real estate writer Spatter ‘worked right to the end’
- McKeesport’s Minerva’s Bakery to be featured on Sebak’s documentary
- Salvation Army in W.Pa. uses social media campaign
- In Steelers-Saints game, all eyes on Brown-Lewis matchup
- Thousands attend Vandergrift Light-Up Night, Christmas parade
- Steelers notebook: Defense has a retro feel