Pine-Richland girls volleyball team primed for playoff run
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Another regular season down and another playoff berth for the Pine-Richland girls volleyball team.
This playoff run will be different for the Lady Rams, as they are led by first-year coach Amanda Fetter. Although Fetter is new to the head coaching role, Fetter was an assistant on the staff in the past, so her knowledge of what it takes to get to the finals is important.
“We will keep working hard on the basics and try to restart with our mid-season (form),” Fetter said. “Our focus will remain one point, one game at a time. Keep the little picture in sight and the little goals will lead to the big picture.”
The good news for the Lady Rams is that this team has reached the WPIAL finals the past two seasons. The bad news is it may be without senior Chloe DiPasquale, who's hobbled by an injury.
Fetter said she's unsure of DiPasquale's status.
The Lady Rams' other senior, Abby Dix, is 100 percent, and she will lead the team.
“We will miss Chloe (if she is unable to play),” Dix said. “It will be extremely important to keep the intensity up. Intensity leads to momentum, which brings points.”
The team may be down one of its best players, but the Lady Rams can rely on Gabby Olson, Jessie Thompson, Caitlyn Janosko and Bailey Baker among others playing several roles.
Fetter said she changes up the focus at practice each day to keep the team balanced and sharp.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sgattoni sisters exemplify team’s passion at Baldwin
- Thomas Jefferson senior looking forward to RMU volleyball career
- Frazier volleyball rallies past Geibel in playoff tune-up
- Trib Cup: Bishop Canevin volleyball chasing WPIAL championship
- Quaker Valley girls volleyball faces postseason warmup
- Franklin Regional closes section slate at Kiski Area
- Ford City volleyball clinches first place in section