Pine-Richland girls volleyball team primed for playoff run
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Another regular season down and another playoff berth for the Pine-Richland girls volleyball team.
This playoff run will be different for the Lady Rams, as they are led by first-year coach Amanda Fetter. Although Fetter is new to the head coaching role, Fetter was an assistant on the staff in the past, so her knowledge of what it takes to get to the finals is important.
“We will keep working hard on the basics and try to restart with our mid-season (form),” Fetter said. “Our focus will remain one point, one game at a time. Keep the little picture in sight and the little goals will lead to the big picture.”
The good news for the Lady Rams is that this team has reached the WPIAL finals the past two seasons. The bad news is it may be without senior Chloe DiPasquale, who's hobbled by an injury.
Fetter said she's unsure of DiPasquale's status.
The Lady Rams' other senior, Abby Dix, is 100 percent, and she will lead the team.
“We will miss Chloe (if she is unable to play),” Dix said. “It will be extremely important to keep the intensity up. Intensity leads to momentum, which brings points.”
The team may be down one of its best players, but the Lady Rams can rely on Gabby Olson, Jessie Thompson, Caitlyn Janosko and Bailey Baker among others playing several roles.
Fetter said she changes up the focus at practice each day to keep the team balanced and sharp.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates win bidding for Korean infielder
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t ask for taunting clarification from league
- Leon Ford’s civil rights lawsuit can proceed, judge rules
- Worker at Mercer County center accused of illegal sexual contact with juveniles
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Pitt recruit Whitehead remains committed
- Tunisian election of political veteran Essebsi a return to regime
- Stocks push to record highs, continuing rally
- Ex-Russian official warns of ‘full-fledged crisis’
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- Mars Area School District contends it was right to expel student with behavioral problems