Fox Chapel volleyball blanks Upper St. Clair
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Fox Chapel girls volleyball coach Sara D'Angelo showed she's comfortable with the excitement surrounding her program Wednesday when she agreed to pose for a picture surrounded by the Lady Foxes' liveliest — and in some cases, awkwardly dressed — male fans.
The fun continues for D'Angelo and No. 3 Fox Chapel (15-3), which earned a spot in the WPIAL Class AAA semifinals with a 3-0 win over No. 11 Upper St. Clair (10-4) at North Allegheny.
Fox Chapel, which D'Angelo believes is making its first-ever semifinal berth, will play No. 2 North Allegheny on Thursday at Chartiers Valley.
“The task ahead is not easy,” she said.
Allyson Hess (24 assists, 4 aces) and Megan Hollingsworth (6 kills, 13 digs, 3 aces) led the Lady Foxes' offense. Sarah Bradley had 10 kills, and Riley Hermann added seven.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Concert aims to heal wounds of Armstrong veterans
- Grant helps Armstrong agency provide cribs to needy families
- Armstrong fire departments sharpen river rescue skills
- 2B Walker, Pirates smash through Tigers pitching in road victory
- Rossi: Wild Wednesday proves Steelers rule
- Starkey: Rutherford hits jackpot with Kessel
- Penguins get their man in making trade with Toronto for Kessel
- Penguins notebook: Rutherford proves savvy in deal
- Pirates notebook: Cole cool about hostile comment
- Gameday: Pirates at Tigers, July 2, 2015
- W. Elizabeth mulls cost of new garage