Fox Chapel advances to WPIAL volleyball finals
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Fox Chapel's girls volleyball team is in no mood to lose. And it's been that way since September.
In the WPIAL Class AAA semifinals at Chartiers Valley, No. 3 seeded Fox Chapel clipped No. 2 North Allegheny, 3-2, on Thursday night to post its 17th straight win and advance to the finals.
The Foxes (18-3) won the second (25-23), third (29-27) and fifth games (15-13) to secure a spot in the title match.
Riley Herrmann led the offense with 17 kills, while Megan Hollingsworth added 15 kills, Sarah Bradley had 13 and Michaela Patsko chipped in nine.
Marcy Meinert led the Foxes with 23 digs and Allyson Hess had 42 assists.
The Foxes, who have beaten North Allegheny twice this season, will take on No. 4 seed Mt. Lebanon at 6:30 p.m. Saturday at Chartiers Valley.
They'll be seeking their first championship.
Only one other Alle-Kiski team, Freeport (2010), has won a girls' volleyball title.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Church to host hunter breakfast
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Alle-Kiski Valley slips into the holiday spirit with Light Up Night festivities
- New Foxes girls coach O’Shea inherits talented team
- Penguins minor league notebook: Pouliot impresses early in season
- Small retailers at intersection of social networks, foot traffic
- Springdale Library to pay rent to borough
- For Pitt men’s basketball team, trouble in paradise
- Egypt’s beleaguered tourism industry bounces back