Fox Chapel advances to WPIAL volleyball finals
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Fox Chapel's girls volleyball team is in no mood to lose. And it's been that way since September.
In the WPIAL Class AAA semifinals at Chartiers Valley, No. 3 seeded Fox Chapel clipped No. 2 North Allegheny, 3-2, on Thursday night to post its 17th straight win and advance to the finals.
The Foxes (18-3) won the second (25-23), third (29-27) and fifth games (15-13) to secure a spot in the title match.
Riley Herrmann led the offense with 17 kills, while Megan Hollingsworth added 15 kills, Sarah Bradley had 13 and Michaela Patsko chipped in nine.
Marcy Meinert led the Foxes with 23 digs and Allyson Hess had 42 assists.
The Foxes, who have beaten North Allegheny twice this season, will take on No. 4 seed Mt. Lebanon at 6:30 p.m. Saturday at Chartiers Valley.
They'll be seeking their first championship.
Only one other Alle-Kiski team, Freeport (2010), has won a girls' volleyball title.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police say couple in Oakland murder-suicide had ‘troubled’ relationship
- Monessen woman dies in truck-car crash on Route 51 in Fayette County
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- Police arrest man after high-speed chase to Downtown
- Pirates sign 2 to minor league deals
- Crash closes Pittsburgh Street in Springdale
- Penguins’ Ehrhoff being tested for concussion
- Charge dropped against former Steeler Blount after community service
- State, feds probing death of worker at Somerset County mine
- Odor from minor fuel spill causes evacuation of West Point Elementary
- McCord to TV reporter: ‘I look forward to talking about’ resignation