Frazier, Geibel players earn all-section honors
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Frazier and Geibel girls volleyball teams are each well-represented on the All-Section 5-A list for the 2012 season. Each team had five representatives earn all-section honors.
Earning first-team honors were senior libero McKenzie Barch and sophomore setter/outside hitters Cassidy Guiser and Jamie Muccioli of Frazier and senior outside hitter Emily Costantino and junior middle hitter Rachel Elias of Geibel.
Geibel libero Peyton McIntyre and outside hitter Toni Ardabell, both seniors, and sophomore setter Haley Solan garnered second-team honors. Two Frazier outside hitters, junior Alexandra Chuboy and freshman Alena Blaszczak, also earned second-team honors.
— Daily Courier
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Ford City’s teamwork, emotion take center stage in semifinal win over Freeport
- TJ volleyball team gets back to WPIAL finals for 1st time since 2001
- GCC volleyball cruises to semifinal victory to earn rematch with No. 1 Bishop Canevin
- High school roundup: Baldwin earns spot in WPIAL volleyball finals
- Fox Chapel volleyball coach reflects on season
- Thomas Jefferson senior looking forward to RMU volleyball career
- Ford City volleyball team advances to WPIAL semifinals with 3-1 win over Seton-La Salle
- Thomas Jefferson earns spot in volleyball semifinals after downing South Fayette for 3rd time
- High school roundup: North Allegheny volleyball tops No. 1 Shaler
- Freeport, Ford City set for playoff battle
- Plum girls volleyball falls in three sets in first round at Baldwin