Signal Item area volleyball players named to all-section teams
TribLIVE Sports Videos
It was a successful outing for the Signal Item area volleyball teams in 2012, and it showed when the WPIAL all-section teams were announced.
Chartiers Valley senior Lauren Schott and junior Alaina Pandl were named to the Section 5-AAA first team. Seniors Bicol Curran and Kelly Rodavich made the second team, while seniors Kristina Coyne and Mackenzie Reffert made the third team.
Keystone Oaks senior Makenzie Kunig was name to the Section 6-AA first team, while senior Katie Palmer made the second team. Senior Jenn DeFazio and junior Erica Bosh made the third team.
Bishop Canevin dominated the Section 6-A selections as six athletes made the first team — seniors Katie Oliverio and Jody Mackin; juniors Ashley Grimm, Callie Jacobs and Samantha Kelsch; and freshman Bailey McDonald. Seniors Maddie Zappie and Rachel Betzner, juniors Morgan Reisz and Erin Cunningham and freshman Julia Menosky made the second team.
Carlynton junior Emily Burch and sophomore Emily Brozenick were named to the Section 6-A third team.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kittanning traffic snarls expected as bridge renovation work wraps up
- Kittanning fundraiser to help homeless pit bulls
- Puppeteer from Connellsville native has talent
- Two wild-card format hurting Pirates in short term
- 4 projects suggested for block grant funding in Connellsville
- Starkey: The kick returner and the grizzly bear
- September, the new summer? Warm, dry weather expected
- Despite age, ‘Trek’ stars enjoy hipster status
- ATI continues to produce, ship products
- Steelers trade 6th-round pick for Jaguars kicker Scobee
- Bryant suspension opens doors for other Steelers’ receivers