Signal Item area volleyball players named to all-section teams
TribLIVE Sports Videos
It was a successful outing for the Signal Item area volleyball teams in 2012, and it showed when the WPIAL all-section teams were announced.
Chartiers Valley senior Lauren Schott and junior Alaina Pandl were named to the Section 5-AAA first team. Seniors Bicol Curran and Kelly Rodavich made the second team, while seniors Kristina Coyne and Mackenzie Reffert made the third team.
Keystone Oaks senior Makenzie Kunig was name to the Section 6-AA first team, while senior Katie Palmer made the second team. Senior Jenn DeFazio and junior Erica Bosh made the third team.
Bishop Canevin dominated the Section 6-A selections as six athletes made the first team — seniors Katie Oliverio and Jody Mackin; juniors Ashley Grimm, Callie Jacobs and Samantha Kelsch; and freshman Bailey McDonald. Seniors Maddie Zappie and Rachel Betzner, juniors Morgan Reisz and Erin Cunningham and freshman Julia Menosky made the second team.
Carlynton junior Emily Burch and sophomore Emily Brozenick were named to the Section 6-A third team.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Chiefs pass rush to test Steelers
- Stock market makes biggest gain in 3 years
- Starkey: Pederson had to go at Pitt
- Developer reveals Buncher plans for 400 Strip District apartments, townhomes
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- Navy developing robotic fish drone
- Judge delays January trial on Penn State sanctions
- 2 longtime Pittsburgh nonprofits agree to merge
- Hays ‘eagle cams’ reinstalled for 2015 nesting season
- Penguins’ Crosby details his mumps experience
- Chryst returns home, named football coach at Wisconsin