Signal Item area volleyball players named to all-section teams
TribLIVE Sports Videos
It was a successful outing for the Signal Item area volleyball teams in 2012, and it showed when the WPIAL all-section teams were announced.
Chartiers Valley senior Lauren Schott and junior Alaina Pandl were named to the Section 5-AAA first team. Seniors Bicol Curran and Kelly Rodavich made the second team, while seniors Kristina Coyne and Mackenzie Reffert made the third team.
Keystone Oaks senior Makenzie Kunig was name to the Section 6-AA first team, while senior Katie Palmer made the second team. Senior Jenn DeFazio and junior Erica Bosh made the third team.
Bishop Canevin dominated the Section 6-A selections as six athletes made the first team — seniors Katie Oliverio and Jody Mackin; juniors Ashley Grimm, Callie Jacobs and Samantha Kelsch; and freshman Bailey McDonald. Seniors Maddie Zappie and Rachel Betzner, juniors Morgan Reisz and Erin Cunningham and freshman Julia Menosky made the second team.
Carlynton junior Emily Burch and sophomore Emily Brozenick were named to the Section 6-A third team.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Latrobe volleyball starts 2nd half with impressive win
- Norwin girls volleyball outlasts Connellsville to remain undefeated
- Franklin Regional girls volleyball pushing for strong finish
- Baseball first love for Baldwin’s veteran volleyball coach
- South Hills volleyball squads aim for second-half surge
- Undersized Armstrong girls volleyball thriving in 1st Class AAA season
- Hempfield volleyball off to fast start
- Quaker Valley volleyball looks ahead to season’s 2nd half
- Gateway volleyball hopes to stay in hunt for WPIAL playoffs