Signal Item area volleyball players named to all-section teams
TribLIVE Sports Videos
It was a successful outing for the Signal Item area volleyball teams in 2012, and it showed when the WPIAL all-section teams were announced.
Chartiers Valley senior Lauren Schott and junior Alaina Pandl were named to the Section 5-AAA first team. Seniors Bicol Curran and Kelly Rodavich made the second team, while seniors Kristina Coyne and Mackenzie Reffert made the third team.
Keystone Oaks senior Makenzie Kunig was name to the Section 6-AA first team, while senior Katie Palmer made the second team. Senior Jenn DeFazio and junior Erica Bosh made the third team.
Bishop Canevin dominated the Section 6-A selections as six athletes made the first team — seniors Katie Oliverio and Jody Mackin; juniors Ashley Grimm, Callie Jacobs and Samantha Kelsch; and freshman Bailey McDonald. Seniors Maddie Zappie and Rachel Betzner, juniors Morgan Reisz and Erin Cunningham and freshman Julia Menosky made the second team.
Carlynton junior Emily Burch and sophomore Emily Brozenick were named to the Section 6-A third team.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New York City hunkers down as Nor’easter threatens blizzard conditions
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- Funeral for Joey Fabus, honorary Bethel Park police officer, draws crowd
- WVa natural gas line explodes near Ohio border
- Leechburg Road to reopen after two-vehicle accident
- Murrysville Atria’s damaged by fire
- Starkey: Rinaldo doesn’t belong in NHL
- Energy companies vie for experienced workers with skills in high demand
- Pitt coach Narduzzi adds N.J. linebacker recruit
- Penguins’ Fleury surrenders 7 goals in 1 period of NHL All-Star Game loss
- Second teen charged in Jan. 1 Tarentum shooting