Signal Item area volleyball players named to all-section teams
TribLIVE Sports Videos
It was a successful outing for the Signal Item area volleyball teams in 2012, and it showed when the WPIAL all-section teams were announced.
Chartiers Valley senior Lauren Schott and junior Alaina Pandl were named to the Section 5-AAA first team. Seniors Bicol Curran and Kelly Rodavich made the second team, while seniors Kristina Coyne and Mackenzie Reffert made the third team.
Keystone Oaks senior Makenzie Kunig was name to the Section 6-AA first team, while senior Katie Palmer made the second team. Senior Jenn DeFazio and junior Erica Bosh made the third team.
Bishop Canevin dominated the Section 6-A selections as six athletes made the first team — seniors Katie Oliverio and Jody Mackin; juniors Ashley Grimm, Callie Jacobs and Samantha Kelsch; and freshman Bailey McDonald. Seniors Maddie Zappie and Rachel Betzner, juniors Morgan Reisz and Erin Cunningham and freshman Julia Menosky made the second team.
Carlynton junior Emily Burch and sophomore Emily Brozenick were named to the Section 6-A third team.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Apollo-Ridge Education Foundation donates $12,000 to revamping middle school library
- Protesters won’t be thanking Wal-Mart
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Fatal crash closes Flight 93 chapel in Somerset County
- Police on hunt for suspects in unrelated Penn Township, Manor cases
- Families welcome new members on Adoption Day in Westmoreland County
- Pregnant woman struck by van in North Side dies; doctors save baby
- Blairsville judge accused in hit-run set to enter program for 1st-time offenders
- Comeau’s hat trick leads Penguins; Crosby reaches career points
- Food drive volunteer in Westmoreland County has purse stolen
- Amusement parks fight off home entertainment threat