Norwin to host cancer fundraiser in memory of ex-Kiski coach
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Norwin played Kiski Area two years ago during the latter's “Jam the Gym” girls volleyball fundraiser. Now Norwin is returning the hospitality.
Norwin will host Kiski Area on Tuesday night, but the match will be part of “A Knight for Kiski,” a similar event that will raise money for the Jaime Vick Moran Scholarship Fund.
A former Kiski Area assistant coach, Vick Moran died last year from complications following treatment for leukemia.
Recently retired Kiski Area head coach Ellen Toy is battling gastric cancer for the second time and raising cancer awareness with her husband, Tim, and a large group of supporters.
Norwin has several prize-drawings and a Chinese auction lined up for Tuesday.
Kiski Area had its fourth annual “Jam the Gym” earlier this month.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- FDA rule to require chain restaurants to post calorie counts
- DUI checkpoints take on dangerous drivers
- No. 15 San Diego State hammers Pitt, 74-57
- Roundup: Mazda recalls cars to fix tire pressure monitors; Wal-Mart’s top merchant out as key holiday nears; more
- Mon Valley preparing for Small Business Saturday
- Steelers’ lookahead: New Orleans Saints
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Ehrhoff finding his way with Penguins
- Rostraver business site ordered to close
- Retailers that won’t open on Thanksgiving hope move pays off
- Lower gasoline prices fail to spur consumer spending