Rams volleyball team defeat Wildcats
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Ligonier Valley High School Rams volleyball traveled Oct. 3 to Homer Center to face the Wildcats. The Rams had a relatively easy three-game victory, 25-16, 25-14, and 25-13. Catou Cmar earned 19 points including six aces. Taylor Rudnik had six kills, Amanda Ross snagged five kills and Rachel Wallace contributed eight digs.
When Blairsville came to town Oct. 1 for the annual Breast Cancer Awareness matchup, the Ligonier team struggled to find a rhythm in a sloppy 22-25 loss. However, the next three games belonged to the Rams as they won 25-11, 25-16 and 25-20 to move their overall record to 8-2, 7-1 in Heritage Conference play. Wallace contributed 23 service-points for the Rams. Madison McLaughlin spiked eight kills and teammate Ross had 6 kills.
The team traveled to Northern Cambria Sept. 26 to face the Colts in another Heritage Conference showdown. The Rams unfortunately fell in four games, 12-25, 22-25, 25-16 and 22-25. McLaughlin made 10 kills and teammate Becca Kromel had nine. Wallace and Emily Ulery scored seven service-points for the Ligonier team.
The Rams played host Oct. 7 to Indiana and Oct. 8 to Marion Center. They travel to Purchase Line Thursday for a match 7:30 p.m. against the Stingers. The Ligonier team will be back home Tuesday for a match 7 p.m. with the United Lions at the high school gym.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Freeport, Ford City set for playoff battle
- Thomas Jefferson earns spot in volleyball semifinals after downing South Fayette for 3rd time
- Fox Chapel volleyball coach reflects on season
- TJ girls barrelling toward WPIAL playoff quest
- Ford City volleyball team reaches quarterfinals
- Freeport, Ford City prepare for volleyball quarterfinals
- Ford City volleyball team advances to WPIAL semifinals with 3-1 win over Seton-La Salle
- Freeport girls rally past Montour to reach WPIAL volleyball semifinals
- Frazier struggles to find answers against Shenango in WPIAL volleyball quarterfinals
- Derry girls volleyball goes down swinging in WPIAL Class AA playoffs
- High school roundup: North Allegheny volleyball tops No. 1 Shaler