North Allegheny volleyball returns to PIAA finals
TribLIVE Sports Videos
After dropping the first two sets of its PIAA Class AAA semifinal match to District 3's Hempfield, North Allegheny rallied to earn a 3-2 win and a return trip to the boys volleyball state championship.
Losing the first two sets 22-25 and 23-25, the Tigers responded by winning the next three 25-23, 25-14 and 15-10.
“Even though we were down 2-0, I thought we were right with them,” NA coach Dan Schall said. “I didn't think we were that far off.”
North Allegheny was led in kills by David Haus with 24, Mitch Higgins' 18 and Brendan Brown with 10. The eight-time defending WPIAL champion Tigers will try to defend their PIAA title against Central York at 1 p.m. Saturday at Penn State's Rec Hall..
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Woman shot at Kennywood Park in ‘freak accident’
- McCutchen, Pirates hitters increasingly in crosshairs
- Police: Maine man shoots off firework from top of head, dies
- Biertempfel: Loss of All-Star paper ballots a blow to nostalgia
- Pirates minor league report: Ramirez more mindful while at plate
- Locke pitches 8 scoreless innings as Pirates edge Indians
- Starting 9: Pirates missing out on young bat
- Allentown mayor says he’s cooperating with federal probe
- Starkey: Bring back the Brawl!
- Pittsburgh’s tech startup activity rates last of 40 metro areas in report
- Court attire can have impact, public defenders say