North Allegheny volleyball returns to PIAA finals
TribLIVE Sports Videos
After dropping the first two sets of its PIAA Class AAA semifinal match to District 3's Hempfield, North Allegheny rallied to earn a 3-2 win and a return trip to the boys volleyball state championship.
Losing the first two sets 22-25 and 23-25, the Tigers responded by winning the next three 25-23, 25-14 and 15-10.
“Even though we were down 2-0, I thought we were right with them,” NA coach Dan Schall said. “I didn't think we were that far off.”
North Allegheny was led in kills by David Haus with 24, Mitch Higgins' 18 and Brendan Brown with 10. The eight-time defending WPIAL champion Tigers will try to defend their PIAA title against Central York at 1 p.m. Saturday at Penn State's Rec Hall..
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh police break up customer fights over Air Jordan 11 shoes
- Penguins call up prized defensive prospect Pouliot
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- As smokers seek Cuban cigars, retailers point to trade embargo
- Position move fits Pitt sophomore Artis
- Michigan State defensive coordinator a Pitt coaching candidate
- Pitt: Football coach hire comes 1st, athletic director 2nd
- Connellsville teen charged in attack on 80-year-old man, daughter allowed to play high school basketball
- Penguins’ defensive depth proves valuable
- Penn Township man who shot friend gets probation