North Allegheny volleyball returns to PIAA finals
TribLIVE Sports Videos
After dropping the first two sets of its PIAA Class AAA semifinal match to District 3's Hempfield, North Allegheny rallied to earn a 3-2 win and a return trip to the boys volleyball state championship.
Losing the first two sets 22-25 and 23-25, the Tigers responded by winning the next three 25-23, 25-14 and 15-10.
“Even though we were down 2-0, I thought we were right with them,” NA coach Dan Schall said. “I didn't think we were that far off.”
North Allegheny was led in kills by David Haus with 24, Mitch Higgins' 18 and Brendan Brown with 10. The eight-time defending WPIAL champion Tigers will try to defend their PIAA title against Central York at 1 p.m. Saturday at Penn State's Rec Hall..
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt upsets No. 8 Notre Dame to snap losing streak
- UPMC researcher who died of cyanide poisoning committed suicide
- Ambridge fire brought quickly under control
- Nation sick of Obama blunders, Perry tells state Republicans
- Rooney says Pittsburgh is ‘good place’ for next northern Super Bowl
- HOF finalist Bettis ‘behind everything’ in 2005 Super Bowl run
- Conductor Krzysztof Urbanski shines in Heinz Hall debut
- Penguins finally break through, defeat Devils at Prudential Center
- Route 19 accident in Mt. Lebanon injures five people
- Penguins notebook: Bennett a healthy scratch
- Dungy, Greene represent more Steelers ties in hall of fame voting