North Allegheny volleyball returns to PIAA finals
TribLIVE Sports Videos
After dropping the first two sets of its PIAA Class AAA semifinal match to District 3's Hempfield, North Allegheny rallied to earn a 3-2 win and a return trip to the boys volleyball state championship.
Losing the first two sets 22-25 and 23-25, the Tigers responded by winning the next three 25-23, 25-14 and 15-10.
“Even though we were down 2-0, I thought we were right with them,” NA coach Dan Schall said. “I didn't think we were that far off.”
North Allegheny was led in kills by David Haus with 24, Mitch Higgins' 18 and Brendan Brown with 10. The eight-time defending WPIAL champion Tigers will try to defend their PIAA title against Central York at 1 p.m. Saturday at Penn State's Rec Hall..
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins GM insists coach Johnston was no afterthought
- Pirates down Cardinals, inch closer in wild-card chase
- URA drops Philly developer, cites delays on Garden Theater block project
- Pirates notebook: McCutchen returns to starting lineup; Alvarez out
- For Steelers outside linebacker Jones, size is not an obstacle
- Dunbar continues clean-up efforts after flood
- Foundations reject overture from developer on August Wilson Center
- Coast Guard fires in defense on Iran boat
- No injuries after Greensburg-Salem school bus accident in Murrysville
- Duquesne will open A-10 play on national television
- Steelers cornerbacks Allen, Gay, Taylor have something to prove