North Allegheny volleyball returns to PIAA finals
TribLIVE Sports Videos
After dropping the first two sets of its PIAA Class AAA semifinal match to District 3's Hempfield, North Allegheny rallied to earn a 3-2 win and a return trip to the boys volleyball state championship.
Losing the first two sets 22-25 and 23-25, the Tigers responded by winning the next three 25-23, 25-14 and 15-10.
“Even though we were down 2-0, I thought we were right with them,” NA coach Dan Schall said. “I didn't think we were that far off.”
North Allegheny was led in kills by David Haus with 24, Mitch Higgins' 18 and Brendan Brown with 10. The eight-time defending WPIAL champion Tigers will try to defend their PIAA title against Central York at 1 p.m. Saturday at Penn State's Rec Hall..
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Top-seeded Freeport slips past Kittanning
- Alle-Kiski Valley roundup: Seton-La Salle volleyball edges Knoch
- Trib Cup: Bentworth volleyball striving for perfection again
- Bishop Canevin volleyball team rallies around ailing coach
- Carlynton ready for 2nd taste of WPIAL playoffs
- Norwin volleyball hopes to continue postseason success
- Playoff experience pays off for Kittanning in preliminary round win over Elizabeth Forward
- West Shamokin girls volleyball team falls short in playoffs
- Baldwin to host WPIAL girls volleyball finals
- Connellsville beats Kiski Area in home finale
- Freeport volleyball team fights another foe — complacency