Kiski Area's McCutcheon defends national title
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Kiski Area's Matt McCutcheon won his second straight Super 32 Challenge wrestling championship Sunday in North Carolina.
The event is one of the country's top offseason tournaments. McCutcheon is the 35th-ranked senior in the country, according to Intermat.
A Penn State recruit, he won a 4-1 decision over Ray O'Donnell of Saucon Valley (Pa.) in the final at Greensboro Coliseum Special Events Center.
McCutcheon was 41-1 last season and won Kiski Area's first PIAA championship, at 182 pounds. He set the school record for pins and needs 30 wins to pass 2006 grad Tyler Oravec for the most in school history.
— Bill Beckner Jr.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- WVU notebook: Holgorsen expects similar effort
- Pirates add six players to roster, including OF Polanco
- Pittsburgh mayor says new police chief’s skills fit the job well
- United Kingdom at risk, new poll finds
- Former Dormont businessman avoids jail for wire fraud
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Retail theft suspect takes off, leaves baby at Rostraver Township Walmart
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds
- Regulators release details of Highmark’s post-UPMC transition plan