Kiski Area's McCutcheon defends national title
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Kiski Area's Matt McCutcheon won his second straight Super 32 Challenge wrestling championship Sunday in North Carolina.
The event is one of the country's top offseason tournaments. McCutcheon is the 35th-ranked senior in the country, according to Intermat.
A Penn State recruit, he won a 4-1 decision over Ray O'Donnell of Saucon Valley (Pa.) in the final at Greensboro Coliseum Special Events Center.
McCutcheon was 41-1 last season and won Kiski Area's first PIAA championship, at 182 pounds. He set the school record for pins and needs 30 wins to pass 2006 grad Tyler Oravec for the most in school history.
— Bill Beckner Jr.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ebola watch lists to shrink
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- West Virginia University warns students over riots
- Loophole rewards expelled Nazi suspects with Social Security benefits
- Large-scale batteries are integral in shift to renewable energy
- Freeport falls prey to Montour firepower
- Shale oil, gas finds put Mon Valley on path to renaissance, leaders say
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Legal titans prepared to tussle in Ferrante cyanide homicide trial
- Scottdale appoints borough solicitor