Kiski Area's McCutcheon defends national title
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Kiski Area's Matt McCutcheon won his second straight Super 32 Challenge wrestling championship Sunday in North Carolina.
The event is one of the country's top offseason tournaments. McCutcheon is the 35th-ranked senior in the country, according to Intermat.
A Penn State recruit, he won a 4-1 decision over Ray O'Donnell of Saucon Valley (Pa.) in the final at Greensboro Coliseum Special Events Center.
McCutcheon was 41-1 last season and won Kiski Area's first PIAA championship, at 182 pounds. He set the school record for pins and needs 30 wins to pass 2006 grad Tyler Oravec for the most in school history.
— Bill Beckner Jr.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Top-seeded Burrell wrestling sets gold standard
- Hip to flip: WPIAL wrestlers find tumbling skills translate well on mat
- Belle Vernon, Burrell get top seeds for WPIAL team wrestling tournament
- Franklin Regional wrestling states case for No. 1 seed
- Top-seeded BVA home for WPIAL wrestling playoffs
- Top-ranked South Fayette wrestling here to stay
- Southmoreland wrestling team beats Mt. Pleasant in 3rd-place match at Section 2-AA tournament
- High school wrestling notebook: Team tournaments could alter WPIAL seedings
- Thomas Jefferson matmen in midst of memorable season
- Moon wrestling fighting through injury bug
- Connellsville, Southmoreland, Mt. Pleasant learn playoff foes