Kiski Area's McCutcheon defends national title
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Kiski Area's Matt McCutcheon won his second straight Super 32 Challenge wrestling championship Sunday in North Carolina.
The event is one of the country's top offseason tournaments. McCutcheon is the 35th-ranked senior in the country, according to Intermat.
A Penn State recruit, he won a 4-1 decision over Ray O'Donnell of Saucon Valley (Pa.) in the final at Greensboro Coliseum Special Events Center.
McCutcheon was 41-1 last season and won Kiski Area's first PIAA championship, at 182 pounds. He set the school record for pins and needs 30 wins to pass 2006 grad Tyler Oravec for the most in school history.
— Bill Beckner Jr.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Tiny black weevils booming in W.Pa.
- Pirates notebook: Taillon headed for surgery, Richard traded
- Pirates can’t overcome long rain delay, Indians in interleague setback
- Russian winger Plotnikov could join Penguins in August
- America’s path to freedom reflected in region’s numerous historic sites
- New Penguin Kessel’s shot is what makes him special
- Facelift approved for historic La Rose building in Greensburg
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Indians, July 4, 2015
- Gorman: Barnstorming tour bigger than baseball
- MLB notebook: Yankees to donate $150K to charity for A-Rod’s 3,000th hit ball
- Ex-teammates say Kessel unfairly criticized