High school roundup: Ford City boys end losing streak
By Staff Reports
Published: Wednesday, January 9, 2013, 10:30 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, January 10, 2013
Ford City's boys basketball team snapped a seven-game skid by topping St. Joseph on Wednesday night on the road.
The Sabers won the nonsection contest, 73-54, their largest margin of victory this season. David Lattanzio led Ford City (3-9) with a 23-point performance that included three 3-pointers and a 6-for-8 showing at the foul line.
Mike Foster and Blake Bower added 13 and 12 points, respectively, for Ford City, which led, 34-19, at halftime.
John Arcuri scored a game-high 26 points for St. Joseph (5-8), and Chris Gamble contributed 10.
Riverview 47, Apollo-Ridge 27 — Riverview (8-5) scored 16 points and held Apollo-Ridge (7-5) to three in the first quarter of the nonsection contest. Sadie Buchser scored a game-high 21 points for Riverview, while Briauna Fairman led Apollo-Ridge with nine.
Kittanning 63, West Shamokin 6 — Derek Bowser (126 pounds), Jason Nolf (132) Taylor Jack (152) and Logan Robb (220) won by fall for Kittanning (3-2, 3-1) in the Section 3(B)-AA home match. In the only bout not decided by fall, 170-pounder Jacob Robb defeated Brendan Glover, 6-0.
Brian Lukehart earned the only match points for West Shamokin (0-9, 0-3), as he won the 113-pound bout by forfeit. The Wolves forfeited six bouts.
- Gulf Tower ‘turns’ red over Pens goals
- Penguins’ Dupuis earns teammates’ respect with consistent play
- Kovacevic: Do Senators have anything left?
- On eve of first offseason practices, Steelers might be forced to rely on rookies in 2013
- Starkey: Robots over umps? Yes, please
- Brown’s ‘Inferno’ puts Langdon through his paces
- Penguins notebook: Spezza will return for Senators in Game 3
- Trib poll: Peduto pulling ahead in Pittsburgh mayor’s race
- ACC-bound Pitt finds itself without natural football rivals
- Penguins far from satisfied after Game 2
- As yen falls, so does cost of products from Japan
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.