High school roundup: Ford City boys end losing streak
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ford City's boys basketball team snapped a seven-game skid by topping St. Joseph on Wednesday night on the road.
The Sabers won the nonsection contest, 73-54, their largest margin of victory this season. David Lattanzio led Ford City (3-9) with a 23-point performance that included three 3-pointers and a 6-for-8 showing at the foul line.
Mike Foster and Blake Bower added 13 and 12 points, respectively, for Ford City, which led, 34-19, at halftime.
John Arcuri scored a game-high 26 points for St. Joseph (5-8), and Chris Gamble contributed 10.
Riverview 47, Apollo-Ridge 27 — Riverview (8-5) scored 16 points and held Apollo-Ridge (7-5) to three in the first quarter of the nonsection contest. Sadie Buchser scored a game-high 21 points for Riverview, while Briauna Fairman led Apollo-Ridge with nine.
Kittanning 63, West Shamokin 6 — Derek Bowser (126 pounds), Jason Nolf (132) Taylor Jack (152) and Logan Robb (220) won by fall for Kittanning (3-2, 3-1) in the Section 3(B)-AA home match. In the only bout not decided by fall, 170-pounder Jacob Robb defeated Brendan Glover, 6-0.
Brian Lukehart earned the only match points for West Shamokin (0-9, 0-3), as he won the 113-pound bout by forfeit. The Wolves forfeited six bouts.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kessel addition, better health could have Pens scoring like it’s 1990s
- Steelers cut Scobee, sign free agent kicker Boswell
- Burnett pitches well in farewell, but Pirates lose to Reds
- Pitt holds off Virginia Tech in ACC opener
- New book credits Nunn for Steelers’ 1970s success
- Are Pirates better positioned to win it all this postseason?
- Penguins at a glance entering 2015-16 season
- Pirates fans on edge as season again coming down to wild card
- Would-be Troy Hill carjackers scared off by sirens
- Shaler man charged in death of girl, 6, not prosecuted in repeated alcohol cases
- Four downs: Williams brothers on the rise