Fox Chapel Area's Lever shines at county wrestling event
By Marty Stewart
Published: Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
Tyler Lever, a Fox Chapel Area senior, is hoping to attend Waynesburg University where he will major in early education and special education.
He plans to play football as a freshman and then try wrestling and football after that.
“I'll see if I can manage academics and two sports,” he said.
He showed he can handle himself quite well on the wrestling mat Saturday as he earned a second-place finish in the Allegheny County Wrestling Championships.
Lever said he was happy with his second-place finish.
“I had made it to the semifinals before so it was nice to get to the finals,” he said. “It would have been nicer if I had won.”
Here's a closer look at Tyler:
Q: Who have been your role models in life and in sports?
A: Brandon Pifer, a coach and teacher, has helped me a lot.
Q: What are your hobbies?
A: With sports and school, I don't have a lot of time for hobbies. I do like to play video games, though.
Q: Who's your favorite wrestler?
A: I would say it's four- time Olympic medalist Bruce Baumgartner.
Q: If you could have dinner with any one person, who would it be?
A: Ernest Hemingway.
Q: What movie could you watch over and over?
A: “Django Unchained.”
Q: What's your favorite TV show?
A: “The Moonshiners.”
Q: Did you make any New Year's resolutions?
A: To try to be a better student.
Q: Do you have any pre-meet rituals?
A: No. I'm not a superstitious person.
Q: Who's your favorite athlete?
A: Marquice Pouncey.
Q: Who would be your dream date?
A: Mila Kunis.
Q: What's your favorite restaurant?
A: The Village Inn in Verona.
Q: What would make up your all-time favorite meal?
Q: Who would you like to see disappear from public view?
A: Justin Bieber.
Q: What's the wildest, craziest thing you've ever done?
A: Jumped off a roof into a pool.
Q: People would be surprised to know that I…
A: ...Used to play the trumpet.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Former PPG executive indicted in fatal NH crash
- Wabtec’s 1Q profit up 15 percent on record sales
- Mastech Holdings records 51 percent profit jump in 1st quarter
- Pennsylvania Gov. Corbett wants candidate Wolf to release tax records
- Heyl: Even crooks know UPMC’s full of it
- Kovacevic: No science to solving power play
- SCI-Pittsburgh inmate taken to AGH after ‘severe beating’
- Wilkinsburg woman, 24, dies in crash
- Blue Jackets notebook: Columbus wants another crack at playing with lead