Mt. Pleasant pins Charleroi
The Charleroi wrestling team remained winless in Class AA, Section 2B with Wednesday's 42-18 loss to visiting Mt. Pleasant.
With both teams shorthanded, the dual meet featured just four matches as Mt. Pleasant (2-7) was awarded five forfeits. Charleroi (0-2) received two forfeit victories.
Highlighting the evening was a dual between senior 145-pound standouts: a 5-2 victory by Charleroi's Nick Gavazzi over Austin Mears.
A 30-win wrestler last season, Mears had placed fourth at the WPIAL Class AA tournament while Gavazzi was a WPIAL champion.
Also for the Cougars, Tanner Large won a 4-0 decision over Jeremy Lawrence in the 120-pound match.
Ringgold 54, Elizabeth Forward 9
In a Class AAA, Section 2A action, the visiting Rams (4-1) rolled to victory over the host Warriors (0-3). No other information was available on the match.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Liriano no ace, but he’s Bucs’ key
- 1 intruder killed, another injured in Carrick home invasion
- Derry Township assault suspect arrested
- Squirrel Hill street that had been paved getting another pave job
- Latrobe’s Ci Medical Technologies transforms to medical device business
- Moody’s downgrades Pa. rating; Corbett ponders pension reform session
- Clemson’s Stoudt is one of the unheralded ACC QBs trying to break out
- Ukrainian festival will go on in McKees Rocks despite crisis in homeland
- Pirates notebook: Polanco, Puig held out of series opener
- Tarentum Council will auction railway station
- Mercer restoration company turns junk into repurposed treasure