Mt. Pleasant pins Charleroi
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Charleroi wrestling team remained winless in Class AA, Section 2B with Wednesday's 42-18 loss to visiting Mt. Pleasant.
With both teams shorthanded, the dual meet featured just four matches as Mt. Pleasant (2-7) was awarded five forfeits. Charleroi (0-2) received two forfeit victories.
Highlighting the evening was a dual between senior 145-pound standouts: a 5-2 victory by Charleroi's Nick Gavazzi over Austin Mears.
A 30-win wrestler last season, Mears had placed fourth at the WPIAL Class AA tournament while Gavazzi was a WPIAL champion.
Also for the Cougars, Tanner Large won a 4-0 decision over Jeremy Lawrence in the 120-pound match.
Ringgold 54, Elizabeth Forward 9
In a Class AAA, Section 2A action, the visiting Rams (4-1) rolled to victory over the host Warriors (0-3). No other information was available on the match.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Regulators release details of Highmark’s post-UPMC transition plan
- Pittsburgh hires consultant, former Wisconsin police captain as chief
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Retail theft suspect takes off, leaves baby at Rostraver Township Walmart
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Tomlin: Steelers preparing to face both Browns QBs
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- TED Talks event to appeal to Pittsburgh millennials
- Compelling cases exist for cashing out, staying in as stock market soars
- More pipelines proposed to carry Marcellus gas to southeast markets
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense