Wrestling section tourneys today
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Belle Vernon Area, Ringgold, Yough and Bentworth embark on the first leg of the WPIAL section team wrestling tournaments today.
BVA and Ringgold will be competing in the Section 2 AAA tourney, while Yough and Bentworth are in the Section 2 AA event.
The Section 2 AAA tournament is at Peters Township, with the fifth-place consolations at Upper St. Clair.
At Peters Township, the semifinals will see section champ BVA (6-0) taking on Mt. Lebanon (4-1) and Peters Township (5-0) opposing Connellsville (5-1) at 6 p.m.
The winners will meet at 7:30 p.m. for the section championship. The losers will wrestle for playoff positions.
At Upper St. Clair, the hosts (3-2) take on Ringgold (4-2) at 7 p.m.
The Section 2 AA tournament will be at Derry, while the fifth-place consolations are set for Southmoreland.
At Derry, the hosts (5-0) go against Bentworth (4-1) with Yough (4-1) wrestling Jefferson-Morgan (5-0) at 6 p.m.
Like at Peters Township, the winners at Derry will meet for the section title at 7:30 p.m.
At Southmoreland, the Scotties (2-3) and West Greene (2-3) will meet 7 p.m. for fifth place.
The top five teams from each section qualify for the WPIAL team tournaments, which get under way Monday.
Jeff Oliver is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-684-2666 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville, Southmoreland, Mt. Pleasant ready for WPIAL wrestling playoffs
- Kittanning wrestlers get ready for final WPIAL Class AA tournament
- Top-seeded Burrell wrestling sets gold standard
- Hip to flip: WPIAL wrestlers find tumbling skills translate well on mat
- Belle Vernon, Burrell get top seeds for WPIAL team wrestling tournament
- Top-seeded BVA home for WPIAL wrestling playoffs
- Southmoreland wrestlers soaring to new heights
- Southmoreland wrestling team beats Mt. Pleasant in 3rd-place match at Section 2-AA tournament
- Franklin Regional wrestling states case for No. 1 seed
- Connellsville, Southmoreland, Mt. Pleasant learn playoff foes
- High school wrestling notebook: Team tournaments could alter WPIAL seedings