Connellsville, Southmoreland learn WPIAL wrestling opponents
TribLIVE Sports Videos
After a disappointing showing in the Section 2-AAA team playoffs, the Connellsville wrestling team will try to regroup as it prepares for the WPIAL Class AAA tournament.
Connellsville lost to Peters Township and Latrobe in the section playoffs and was slotted as the section's fourth seed.
The Falcons (15-6) will wrestle West Allegheny in a WPIAL preliminary-round match at 6 p.m. Monday at Chartiers Valley.
The winner of Monday's match will earn the right to face second-seeded Latrobe in a first-round match Wednesday at Latrobe.
The Wildcats beat the Falcons, 49-15, in the season opener in December.
Since the WPIAL team tournament began in 1979, only Connellsville has qualified every year.
In Class AA, Southmoreland (3-3) will be a part of the WPIAL team playoffs after a 41-37 victory over West Greene in a match to determine the fifth and final playoff seed from Section 2-AA.
The Scotties will wrestle second-seeded South Fayette at 6 p.m. Wednesday at South Fayette.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Ligonier Valley’s Patrick earns spot in PIAA Class AA finals
- South Park junior wants to win gold to honor friend’s memory
- Penn-Trafford’s Coy, Franklin Regional’s Brown escape with close wins
- PSU recruit Joseph to meet club pal, an Iowa recruit, in PIAA Class AAA semis
- Burrell’s Beattie, Southmoreland’s Beistel to wrestle again in PIAA finals
- McCoy leads 4 Latrobe wrestlers into PIAA Class AAA quarterfinals
- Kiski Area’s Worthing wins 2nd WPIAL Class AAA wrestling title
- High school notebook: Latrobe’s Shaffer accepts offer to wrestle at Virginia
- PIAA first-round wins fashionable for Kiski Area wrestlers, Burrell’s Beattie
- North Hills’ Curry ends curse at PIAA Class AAA tournament
- Elizabeth Forward senior Fournier uses pins to reach PIAA quarterfinals