Yough sends 2 wrestlers to semifinals
TribLIVE Sports Videos
A pair of Yough wrestlers kept their WPIAL title hopes alive Friday night at the Class AA wrestling championships at Chartiers Valley.
Clay Waldron defeated Austin Boone from South Side Beaver, 6-2, in overtime of the quarterfinals at 182 pounds to earn a spot in Saturday's semifinals, which begin at 11:30 a.m. Teammate Tom Sever also advanced to the semifinals at 220 pounds with a 3-2 win over Ellwood City's Mike Sinclair.
Yough's Zack Charles (113 pounds), Teddy Charletta (132), Lucas Richardson (170) all lost their quarterfinal-round matches.
Three South Allegheny wrestlers also lost in the quarterfinals. At 120 pounds, Justo Hernandez fell to Bentworth's Jake Rothka, 3-0.
Cody Jenkins was pinned by South Park's Jake Wentzel in 1:18 at 138 pounds. At 220 pounds, Seth Hitchens lost to Mt. Pleasant's Josh Lind, 6-2.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Stupid Steelers
- It’s only exhibition, but these Steelers could solidify roster spots vs. Eagles
- Steelers running backs Bell, Blount will face drug charges
- New Kensington slaying victims identified
- Kiss’ makeup has changed, but their impact remains strong
- Brentwood man chronicles battle with haunted house
- Jury: Indiana County woman downloaded child porn to frame husband
- Commitment by Steelers’ Gilbert pays off
- West Penn Power to pay $1.3 million state fine
- 70-year-old man says he didn’t see trooper who was run over
- Pitt sophomore Coles leaves football team