Yough sends 2 wrestlers to semifinals
TribLIVE Sports Videos
A pair of Yough wrestlers kept their WPIAL title hopes alive Friday night at the Class AA wrestling championships at Chartiers Valley.
Clay Waldron defeated Austin Boone from South Side Beaver, 6-2, in overtime of the quarterfinals at 182 pounds to earn a spot in Saturday's semifinals, which begin at 11:30 a.m. Teammate Tom Sever also advanced to the semifinals at 220 pounds with a 3-2 win over Ellwood City's Mike Sinclair.
Yough's Zack Charles (113 pounds), Teddy Charletta (132), Lucas Richardson (170) all lost their quarterfinal-round matches.
Three South Allegheny wrestlers also lost in the quarterfinals. At 120 pounds, Justo Hernandez fell to Bentworth's Jake Rothka, 3-0.
Cody Jenkins was pinned by South Park's Jake Wentzel in 1:18 at 138 pounds. At 220 pounds, Seth Hitchens lost to Mt. Pleasant's Josh Lind, 6-2.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Downie, Ehrhoff lead list of likely Penguins leaving in free agency
- Route 22 closed in Delmont after tractor-trailer crash at cloverleaf
- Starkey: Cervelli’s inspiration
- More witness intimidation charges are filed against Plum teacher
- Pirates hope 1st baseman Alvarez starts to regain power stroke
- Presque Isle Downs cancels thoroughbred races due to running deer
- Supreme Court justices ream EPA for ignoring costs to meet air standards
- Vandergrift man accused of sexual assault
- Murrysville native Bullock vying for health magazine’s ‘Next Fitness Star’
- 80 percent of drivers found exceeding speed limit in Mt. Lebanon, Bethel Park
- Penguins bringing back defenseman Cole with 3-year extension