Yough sends 2 wrestlers to semifinals
TribLIVE Sports Videos
A pair of Yough wrestlers kept their WPIAL title hopes alive Friday night at the Class AA wrestling championships at Chartiers Valley.
Clay Waldron defeated Austin Boone from South Side Beaver, 6-2, in overtime of the quarterfinals at 182 pounds to earn a spot in Saturday's semifinals, which begin at 11:30 a.m. Teammate Tom Sever also advanced to the semifinals at 220 pounds with a 3-2 win over Ellwood City's Mike Sinclair.
Yough's Zack Charles (113 pounds), Teddy Charletta (132), Lucas Richardson (170) all lost their quarterfinal-round matches.
Three South Allegheny wrestlers also lost in the quarterfinals. At 120 pounds, Justo Hernandez fell to Bentworth's Jake Rothka, 3-0.
Cody Jenkins was pinned by South Park's Jake Wentzel in 1:18 at 138 pounds. At 220 pounds, Seth Hitchens lost to Mt. Pleasant's Josh Lind, 6-2.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Lower Burrell man charged with shoplifting
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Critics claim state Attorney General Kane puts politics first
- Corbett, Wolf resort to sticks, stones to attract attention
- Connellsville reaches playoff despite blowout loss
- Foundation arranges free maid service for women with cancer
- Pens look to buck shots, goals trend
- Freeport man accused of having child pornography images
- New Kensington to convert tennis courts to dek hockey rink
- Komen acceptance of drilling-linked money raises ire