• Terry Francona signed a four-year contract with the Indians. “I don't want to be a rental manager,” Francona said Monday as he was introduced as the club's 42nd manager. “I didn't want to come in worried. I want to be part of the solution. I want to stick around.” Francona, who grew up in New Brighton and led the Red Sox to two World Series titles, was hired over the weekend by the Indians.
• Players who stood by Jim Tracy while the Rockies endured their worst season in franchise history reiterated their support for him following the manager's resignation over the weekend. Left-hander Jeff Francis said he was surprised to hear Tracy had decided to step down, telling The Associated Press in an email: “I loved playing for him and I think everyone did. The Rockies will miss him for sure.”
• Tigers manager Jim Leyland insisted reliever Al Alburquerque meant no ill will toward the A's when he fielded Yoenis Cespedes' ninth-inning comebacker Sunday and quickly kissed the ball before throwing to first. Yet the manager disagreed with the display.
• The Giants will start left-hander Barry Zito if they get to a Game 4 in their NL Division Series against the Reds, leaving two-time Cy Young Award winner Tim Lincecum in the bullpen.
• On the 56th anniversary of Don Larsen's World Series perfect game, Steiner Sports Memorabilia announced it will auction off the Yankees uniform that Larsen wore while pitching the game. Larsen, 82, figured it was time to part with the jersey that he kept for several years in a closet in Idaho. Steiner anticipates such a historic relic would draw at least seven figures.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.