• Dodgers right-hander Chad Billingsley will have Tommy John surgery this week and miss the rest of the season, the latest setback for the Los Angeles rotation.“Just unfortunate,” manager Don Mattingly said before Tuesday game against the Mets. Billingsley will have the elbow-ligament transplant operation Wednesday in Los Angeles. The team said it typically takes about 12 months to return to competition.
• Yankees captain Derek Jeter is expected to be in a walking boot when he rejoins his teammates Thursday for the start of a homestand at Yankee Stadium. Jeter found out last Thursday that he fractured the ankle for a second time in six months, a blow to a team already reeling from injuries and one that raises questions about the his future.
• Reds reliever Jonathan Broxton had no problems with his pitching hand Tuesday, a day after a line drive knocked him out of a game Monday.
• The Tigers have agreed to a one-year contract with reliever Jose Valverde, who is expected back with the team Wednesday. Valverde will be Detroit's closer immediately.
• The Mariners have placed outfielder Franklin Gutierrez on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right hamstring. Gutierrez was injured Monday trying to make a diving catch against the Astros.
• Orioles prized pitching prospect Dylan Bundy wants another opinion on his ailing right arm, this time from Dr. James Andrews. Bundy has been sidelined since developing elbow soreness late in spring training.
• Braves right fielder Jason Heyward had to undergo appendectomy surgery Monday, the club announced. The Braves provided no information on his condition or a timetable for his return.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.