• The Rangers placed second baseman Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list because of bruised ribs and recalled top prospect Jurickson Profar from Triple-A Round Rock. Because Kinsler entered Friday night's game as a pinch-runner, the DL move was retroactive to Saturday, when Kinsler didn't play. The earliest he would be eligible to return is June 2.
• Phillies catcher Carlos Ruiz and first baseman Ryan Howard will have MRI exams Monday. Ruiz will miss Monday's game at the Marlins after straining his right hamstring Sunday in a 3-2 victory over the Reds. Ruiz, who said he felt a “pop” while running the bases in the second inning, didn't make the trip but hopes to rejoin the team Tuesday in Miami. Howard didn't play Sunday because of left knee soreness. He joined the team on the trip to Miami, but manager Charlie Manuel didn't sound optimistic about Howard's chances to play Monday.
• The Cardinals will promote rookie lefty Tyler Lyons from the minors to make his major league debut in place of injured Jaime Garcia on Wednesday. Down two starters for the time being, they've also plugged Mitchell Boggs back into the bullpen mix.
• The Indians expect right-hander Daisuke Matsuzaka to pitch again in the minor leagues within the next month after an oblique injury sidelined him. Matsuzaka has been out since April 28 when he hurt his side while pitching for Triple-A Columbus. Indians vice president Ross Atkins said Sunday that the Japanese right-hander is progressing, and he believes Matsuzaka will be pitching again “in weeks, not months.”
• Yankees catcher Francisco Cervelli said he still is hoping to return from a broken hand before the All-Star break. He is on the 60-day DL.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.