MLB notebook: Royals staffer revives fan, 14, after collapse
• A pediatric nurse said she was in the right place at the right time to revive a 14-year-old girl who collapsed while dancing in the upper deck during a Royals game.Sam Sapenaro was working her second job as a member of Kauffman Stadium's K-Crew on Thursday night when someone yelled that a girl had collapsed. Sapenaro, 26, said she rushed over and began performing CPR after she couldn't detect a pulse. The girl was resuscitated, but stadium medical personnel had to revive her a second time before she was taken to a hospital, where her condition and name were not released, citing privacy laws.
• The Red Sox placed outfielderShane Victorino (hamstring) and third baseman Will Middlebrooks (back) on the 15-day disabled list and recalled right-hander Alfredo Aceves and infielder Jose Iglesias.
• Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira (wrist) expects to play in his first game since early March, suiting up for a minor league game with Double-A Trenton on Wednesday.
• Yankees slugger Alex Rodriguez sold his Miami Beach home for $30 million. The sale — one of the highest ever in Miami-Dade County — will earn him a $15 million profit.
• The Blue Jays moved left-hander J.A. Happ to the 60-day DL as he recovers from injuries after being hit in the head by a line drive May 7. He's eligible to return in early July.
• Nationals second basemanDanny Espinosa has been playing with a broken right wrist. He will rest a few days to see if it improves.
• Indians first baseman Nick Swisher is back from the paternity list after his wife, JoAnna, had the couple's first child, a girl.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Reds send right-hander Leake to Giants for 2 prospects
- MLB notebook: Blue Jays trade for Tigers ace Price
- MLB notebook: Phillies trade Hamels to Rangers for prospects
- Blue Jays land Price in Toronto’s 2nd big trade of week
- MLB notebook: Nationals acquire closer Papelbon from Phillies
- Cardinals add outfielder Moss in trade with Indians
- Phillies’ Hamels hurls 1st no-hitter vs. Cubs since 1965