• A pediatric nurse said she was in the right place at the right time to revive a 14-year-old girl who collapsed while dancing in the upper deck during a Royals game.Sam Sapenaro was working her second job as a member of Kauffman Stadium's K-Crew on Thursday night when someone yelled that a girl had collapsed. Sapenaro, 26, said she rushed over and began performing CPR after she couldn't detect a pulse. The girl was resuscitated, but stadium medical personnel had to revive her a second time before she was taken to a hospital, where her condition and name were not released, citing privacy laws.
• The Red Sox placed outfielderShane Victorino (hamstring) and third baseman Will Middlebrooks (back) on the 15-day disabled list and recalled right-hander Alfredo Aceves and infielder Jose Iglesias.
• Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira (wrist) expects to play in his first game since early March, suiting up for a minor league game with Double-A Trenton on Wednesday.
• Yankees slugger Alex Rodriguez sold his Miami Beach home for $30 million. The sale — one of the highest ever in Miami-Dade County — will earn him a $15 million profit.
• The Blue Jays moved left-hander J.A. Happ to the 60-day DL as he recovers from injuries after being hit in the head by a line drive May 7. He's eligible to return in early July.
• Nationals second basemanDanny Espinosa has been playing with a broken right wrist. He will rest a few days to see if it improves.
• Indians first baseman Nick Swisher is back from the paternity list after his wife, JoAnna, had the couple's first child, a girl.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.