• Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper might have to sit a few days to rest a sore knee still feeling the effects of a collision with the Dodger Stadium wall, and Ross Detwiler will miss another start and go on the disabled list because of a strained oblique muscle. Harper was gimpy for much of Sunday's 6-1 win over the Philadelphia Phillies. He aggravated the knee twice with head-first slides in the first inning, then fouled a pitch off the knee in the third. He was removed for a pinch runner in the seventh. With Detwiler on the DL, left-hander Xavier Cedeno will be recalled from Triple-A Syracuse.
• The Angels activated right-hander Kelvin Jepsen from the 15-day disabled list and designated right-hander Billy Buckner for assignment a day after he earned his first big league victory since 2009. Buckner pitched five innings of two-hit ball in a 7-0 win over the Royals on Saturday. He hadn't pitched in the majors since 2010.
• Arizona right-hander Ian Kennedy will miss his next start after cutting his right index finger while doing the dishes this week. He will be replaced by left-hander Tyler Skaggs.
• The Rockies acquired minor league infielder Drew Garcia in a trade with the White Sox. The 27-year-old Garcia hit .222 with 12 RBIs in 24 games for Triple-A Charlotte this season. The White Sox receive a player to be named in Sunday's deal.
• The Yankees added left-hander David Huff to the roster and designated outfielder Ben Francisco for assignment. Manager Joe Girardi said Huff gives the team a second lefty in the bullpen and a reliever that can pitch multiple innings.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.