MLB notebook: Giants manager, pitcher suspended for dustup vs. Pirates
• Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki is expected to miss 4-to-6 weeks with a broken rib, according to the team website. He suffered the injury while diving for a groundball in Thursday's loss to Washington. He is batting .347 this season with 16 homers and 51 RBI. Outfielders Carlos Gonzalez (bruised left foot) and Dexter Fowler (swollen knuckle on right ring finger) also left Thursday's game.
• Giants bench coach Ron Wotus filled in Thursday for Bruce Bochy , who was serving his suspension for his role in the beaning of Pirates star Andrew McCutchen on Tuesday night.
• Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter was medically cleared to resume full baseball activities and running on his surgically repaired left ankle. The Yankees said Thursday that Jeter was examined by Dr. Robert Anderson in Charlotte, N.C., and he is continuing to heal.
• AL Cy Young Award winner David Price pitched in his first simulated game since being injured. Price went on the disabled list for the first time in his career on May 16 because of a strained left triceps. The Rays' left-hander could return to the majors in late June or early July.
• Current Mets manager Terry Collins and former skipper Davey Johnson were selected by Bochy, the manager, as coaches for next month's All-Star game at Citi Field. Detroit's Jim Leyland, the AL manager, also chose coaches with Mets' ties: Robin Ventura of the Chicago White Sox and John Gibbons of the Toronto Blue Jays.
— Wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- MLB notebook: Free agent signees Sandoval, Ramirez eager to team up with Red Sox
- MLB notebook: Owners approve 5-year term for new commissioner
- MLB notebook: Stanton’s deal with Marlins heavily backloaded
- MLB notebook: Rays’ managerial search narrowed to 3 finalists