MLB notebook: Giants manager, pitcher suspended for dustup vs. Pirates
• Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki is expected to miss 4-to-6 weeks with a broken rib, according to the team website. He suffered the injury while diving for a groundball in Thursday's loss to Washington. He is batting .347 this season with 16 homers and 51 RBI. OutfieldersCarlos Gonzalez (bruised left foot) and Dexter Fowler (swollen knuckle on right ring finger) also left Thursday's game.
• Giants bench coach Ron Wotus filled in Thursday for Bruce Bochy, who was serving his suspension for his role in the beaning of Pirates star Andrew McCutchen on Tuesday night.
• Yankees shortstopDerek Jeter was medically cleared to resume full baseball activities and running on his surgically repaired left ankle. The Yankees said Thursday that Jeter was examined by Dr. Robert Anderson in Charlotte, N.C., and he is continuing to heal.
• AL Cy Young Award winnerDavid Price pitched in his first simulated game since being injured. Price went on the disabled list for the first time in his career on May 16 because of a strained left triceps. The Rays' left-hander could return to the majors in late June or early July.
• Current Mets manager Terry Collins and former skipper Davey Johnson were selected by Bochy, the manager, as coaches for next month's All-Star game at Citi Field. Detroit's Jim Leyland, the AL manager, also chose coaches with Mets' ties: Robin Ventura of the Chicago White Sox and John Gibbons of the Toronto Blue Jays.
— Wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- MLB notebook: Rockies select contract of former Pirates reliever Axford
- MLB notebook: Angels’ Hamilton has disciplinary meeting with MLB
- MLB notebook: White Sox ace Sale out with broken right foot
- MLB notebook: Angels’ Hamilton suffers drug use relapse, report says
- MLB notebook: Cardinals’ Wainwright may miss season opener