• Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki is expected to miss 4-to-6 weeks with a broken rib, according to the team website. He suffered the injury while diving for a groundball in Thursday's loss to Washington. He is batting .347 this season with 16 homers and 51 RBI. OutfieldersCarlos Gonzalez (bruised left foot) and Dexter Fowler (swollen knuckle on right ring finger) also left Thursday's game.
• Giants bench coach Ron Wotus filled in Thursday for Bruce Bochy, who was serving his suspension for his role in the beaning of Pirates star Andrew McCutchen on Tuesday night.
• Yankees shortstopDerek Jeter was medically cleared to resume full baseball activities and running on his surgically repaired left ankle. The Yankees said Thursday that Jeter was examined by Dr. Robert Anderson in Charlotte, N.C., and he is continuing to heal.
• AL Cy Young Award winnerDavid Price pitched in his first simulated game since being injured. Price went on the disabled list for the first time in his career on May 16 because of a strained left triceps. The Rays' left-hander could return to the majors in late June or early July.
• Current Mets manager Terry Collins and former skipper Davey Johnson were selected by Bochy, the manager, as coaches for next month's All-Star game at Citi Field. Detroit's Jim Leyland, the AL manager, also chose coaches with Mets' ties: Robin Ventura of the Chicago White Sox and John Gibbons of the Toronto Blue Jays.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.