• The Rangers signed veteran outfielder Manny Ramirez to a minor league contract. Ramirez spent three months playing in Taiwan before leaving the team June 20. Ramirez's last major league appearance was with Tampa Bay in 2011. A lifetime .312 hitter, Ramirez, 41, is 14th on the career home runs list with 555.
• Yankees slugger Alex Rodriguez grounded out twice and turned a double play on his only chance at third in the second game of his minor league rehab stint with Single-A Charleston. Rodriguez is recovering from left hip surgery in January.
• The White Sox placed slugger Paul Konerko and reliever Jesse Crain on the 15-day disabled list. Konerko has a strained lower back, and Crain has a strained right shoulder.
• Brewers right-hander Wily Peralta is “iffy” to make his next start because of a strained left hamstring, and left fielder Ryan Braun (thumb) might be back earlier than expected after a good round of hitting in the batting cage.
• The Diamondbacks placed backup infielder Willie Bloomquist on the 15-day disabled list with a bruised left hand and recalled outfielder Tony Campana from Triple-A Reno.
• The Indians activated outfielder Michael Bourn from the paternity list and optioned left-hander Nick Hagadone to Triple-A Columbus.
• The Yankees placed infielder Jayson Nix on the 15-day disabled list because of a strained right hamstring and signed former Pirates infielder Luis Cruz.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.