MLB notebook: Rangers sign Ramirez to minor league deal
• The Rangers signed veteran outfielder Manny Ramirez to a minor league contract. Ramirez spent three months playing in Taiwan before leaving the team June 20. Ramirez's last major league appearance was with Tampa Bay in 2011. A lifetime .312 hitter, Ramirez, 41, is 14th on the career home runs list with 555.
• Yankees slugger Alex Rodriguez grounded out twice and turned a double play on his only chance at third in the second game of his minor league rehab stint with Single-A Charleston. Rodriguez is recovering from left hip surgery in January.
• The White Sox placed slugger Paul Konerko and reliever Jesse Crain on the 15-day disabled list. Konerko has a strained lower back, and Crain has a strained right shoulder.
• Brewers right-hander Wily Peralta is “iffy” to make his next start because of a strained left hamstring, and left fielder Ryan Braun (thumb) might be back earlier than expected after a good round of hitting in the batting cage.
• The Diamondbacks placed backup infielder Willie Bloomquist on the 15-day disabled list with a bruised left hand and recalled outfielder Tony Campana from Triple-A Reno.
• The Indians activated outfielder Michael Bourn from the paternity list and optioned left-hander Nick Hagadone to Triple-A Columbus.
• The Yankees placed infielder Jayson Nix on the 15-day disabled list because of a strained right hamstring and signed former Pirates infielder Luis Cruz.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- MLB notebook: Rockies select contract of former Pirates reliever Axford
- MLB notebook: Cardinals’ Wainwright may miss season opener
- MLB notebook: White Sox ace Sale out with broken right foot
- MLB notebook: Angels’ Hamilton suffers drug use relapse, report says
- MLB notebook: Commissioner Manfred says changes for speedier game implemented to target young fans